Thursday, September 13, 2007

Random Thoughts

Sorry folks, haven't scanned that new layout yet. While I'm spending time at the computer tonight it's been all work-related but I thought I would get a few random thoughts down before calling it a night. First off, I want to send big hugs to my sister tonight. I just found out today that her beautiful cat Julie passed away. Julie was a stunningly beautiful cat with a stunningly arrogant yet attractive personality. She commanded respect, from her cat-sisters and from all who came in contact with her. I love how she pretended to ignore me when I visited this summer, and yet was always right outside my bedroom door keeping watch. I know how difficult this must be for my dear sister and I wish there was some way to take away her pain. Man, there has been far too much loss in our family in the last few years. D, I hope you don't mind that I posted Julie's picture and spoke of her on my blog. But you, and Julie, are on my mind tonight.

Secondly, I just want to share the fact that my first born child turned 16 today. Sixteen. Ten plus six. SIX. TEEN. Oh.My.God. It's gonna be pretty hard to keep pretending I'm only 25 if she keeps insisting on growing up like this. Hmph. Well to make up for it she has grown into a beautiful, poised, smart, confident young lady and we are so, so proud of her. As she would surely point out, it would be highly irresponsible of me to start posting pictures of my teenage daughter all over the internet (yes, SHE lectures ME on the dangers of the EVIL internet). I should be grateful she actually agreed to set up this blog for me in the first place. So ha, here's pictures (a layout which I made a few years ago) of her as a wee tiny babe.


Yup, I swear I took those pictures yesterday. (By the way I dutifully airbrushed her name off the layout - practicing safe internet!!).

And thirdly - well, there is no thirdly. I'm really tired. We celebrated by eating out tonight (Thai) after which we did cake and presents at home after which I had to work. And actually I'm not entirely done my work so I have to get back to it and then get myself to bed. Despite the yummy latte dh made me right after I settled down to work, I know I will be asleep before my head hits the pillow. G'night!!

3 comments:

Robyn~ said...

"Julie" was identical to our cat of 17 years, Winston! Beautiful cat, sorry for their loss.....

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to your dd! :)
And to your sister, my sincere condolences. :(

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your sister. I know exactly how she must feel. :( And happy belated bday to your dd! Wow! 16 already!!! This will happen to me in no time too... :S LOL