Wednesday, September 26, 2007

In Over My Head

I'm thinking maybe I've gotten in over my head with my 50-card goal for the Charitable Campaign (United Way) fundraiser. My card muse, she is on vacation. Far far away, and she ain't calling home.

My friend Barb did send me a link to a cool blog called i am a coconut for inspiration though! Of course Barb's own cards inspire me too. And I've also been surfing the net for card sketches and found Pencil Lines, a site with scrapbooking and card sketches; as well as Card Positioning Systems, a blog focussed solely on card sketches.

Despite all of this online inspiration, the cards I created over the last couple of days just look like all the other cards I've created so far, and to boot they look like each other. Yikes!




Well on the bright side of things, I am at over 50% of my fundraising goal for the CIBC Run for the Cure event on Sunday. Thanks to friends, family and colleagues, I have a total of $210 in pledges (online and in-person combined). I've surpassed the amount I raised last time, so I'm pretty pleased. It's not too late to donate though, you can still donate online by clicking here. I'm proud of my daughter, who has even gotten some of her teachers and her brother to sponsor her. Oh and good news, my sister M is back from Europe and will be participating with my daughter and I! I am looking forward to the walk. It will be a nice change from sitting at my scrap desk trying to come up with cool ideas for cards!!

2 comments:

Neisey said...

I think your cards look great. Are you selling them individually?

Anonymous said...

Hi Neisey! Yes I plan on selling them individually - I'm thinking $2 each. Hope they sell at that price. If I took supplies into consideration I certainly wouldn't be able to make a living at it, but I figure I'm donating my time and supplies to United Way ... might have been easier to donate $100, lol ....