Sunday, September 9, 2007

Last Day of Vay-Cay

Eons ago when dh and I were dating, we used to get what we liked to call the "Sunday Night Blues" - that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach, when you know that something good (the weekend together) is coming to an end and something bad (the demands of work and school) is right around the corner.

Well tonight I have a severe case of the Sunday Night Blues. You see, I have been on vacation ("vay-cay") since 6:00 pm on August 17th. I've hung out with the kids, chilled with dh, taken dd for a girls' overnighter trip (complete with both Thai and Indian food, spa, and marathon shopping), drank more white wine and ate more bbq'd sausages than I really should have, reorganized my closets, scrapped, began to blog, spa'd some more, played tourist in my hometown, reorganized some cupboards, set up my scraproom, got the kids ready for back-to-school, and learned how to make the traditional memorial wheat dish for my father-in-law's one year memorial mass. I've barely even looked at my blackberry, I swear! This week with the kids back in school, I've enjoyed being at home when they get here, ready to tell me all about their day over a snack and a cold drink.

All in all I kept pretty busy, but I still have a list a mile long of things I'd like to do.

However, tomorrow morning the alarm will ring at 5:30 a.m. and reality will hit. Back to the grind. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and I'm looking forward to the challenges some upcoming changes will bring. But I will miss my morning coffees with my husband. I will miss the endless possibilities of a day without commitments. I will miss wearing sweats and t-shirts (omg, I hope my work clothes fit, after all that wine and sausages!).

After the hustle and bustle of today's memorial mass, I decided to spend the rest of the day creating in my scraproom. I am pleased to report success. I completed one layout (which I'll share with you on another day) and I finally finished my altered clock project. Ta-da!



I've had this project on my mind for over a year, ever since the kids got me the picture-frame clock for my birthday. I've been waiting for the perfect pictures, but today I got a different inspiration. Once I got down to it, it didn't take me long at all to do this.

(For those of you who are scrappy, here are the supplies: cardstock is Bazzill, rub-ons are Trademarks by American Craft, flowers are Prima, patterned paper is Basic Grey.)

Tomorrow morning I'm going to take the clock with me to work, to hang in my new office. Perhaps it'll just look pretty. Or perhaps, it'll be quite useful and help me count away the hours until my next vacation .... sigh!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear your vacation is over, but man, if you'd had any more time off, you would have completely redone your ENTIRE house! *gasp*

Seriously though, I do hope your day isn't too rough tomorrow. Good luck. Drink lots of coffee.

And wow, beautiful clock... I'm guessing it'll look EXTRA good when it's displaying quitting time on there! ;)

Robyn~ said...

Sigh....welcome back to the grind....I hear ya....it's hard! But it sounds like you've got it all together......blessings to you!

Barbara said...

gorgous clock!

I hope it doesn't take you too long to get back into the swing of things again. Sounds like you had some great time off.

stefferqc said...

WOW! Love the clock!!! The grind is calling you, and I know its rough - there is nothing like being at home, in sweats, with no schedule per say. Hang in there, retirement is only how many years away? :o)

Anonymous said...

Your clock looks so pretty! :)

It took me a good week to get adjusted back in the work routine when I got back from vacation. I sure hope that the first few days of the week went by quickly and painlessly. ;) (((Hugs))) to you. :)

michelle sturgeon said...

End of vacation is yucky. Meanwhile, I LOVE your clock! VERY cool!

Neisey said...

That clock is soooo pretty!