Thursday, September 27, 2007

Does your husband read your blog?

Ok, I'm curious. For those of you who blog, and who have husbands or boyfriends or whatever, do they read your blog?

When I started blogging I told dh about it and since his eyes didn't completely glaze over, I sent him a link. I know he read my first entry or two as he referred to them in conversation (once). So the other day I referred to something I had said in my blog, and he got this blank look, and I asked, and he admitted that he hasn't been checking it out because it's a "scrap blog" so why would he be interested. I was slightly hurt but I don't think he noticed. He is, after all, a man. Hmn. Wife splats herself all over the bloggy internet and he's not curious to read what she's writing. Hmph!

So, what about you? Does your husband (or whatever) read your blog? If so, does he comment on it (at least in conversation)? Should I care? Or should I be happy he's not looking over my shoulder all the time? Don't get me wrong - he's a great husband. Sure, his eyes may glaze over at the very sound of the word "scrapbook", but he's never ever complained about my obsession over it; he even facilitates it. He always wants to hear about my day. But apparently he doesn't want to read about it!

You know, with my luck this will be the day dh decides to check out my blog to see exactly how much of myself I am splatting on the bloggy internet! If you're reading this honey ... Hi! Just kidding! I love you! And I don't really want you reading all my blog posts after all, you're off the hook!

5 comments:

Neisey said...

I know Dan read my first entry but he has sloooooow dial up in Afghanistan and my pictures take a long time to download so I'm not sure if he checks it regularly. I sometimes put in little jibes about him tho so i hope he does read it LOL!

stefferqc said...

I know mine does, cause he will make a comment here and there... and I will look at him with the utmost shock on my face cause I didn't really think he would read it. Now, he does get the glazed look on his face when I show him the latest dress I just bought for our daughter, or the greatest deal I got on the boys pants. So you take what you can, and move on... he can't possibly enjoy all the same things as you otherwise, life would be pretty boring.

Anonymous said...

My dh has an RSS feed to mine, although his eyes likely glaze over when I talk scrapbooing stuff too. lol. He draws the line at commenting on my blog though... he claims it's weird because we live together and could actually TALK about these things, face to face, like regular people do. lol

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Mine doesn't read it at all and I've never really expected him to either, though he knows the address and give it to people who want to see what's up with us lately.

He'll often see the entries while I'm making them but I think that's it. I think it's a bit because he's already lived it and he doesn't have to read about it... LOL

Robyn~ said...

Ken does NOT understand my need to "tell everyone, everything"....when I explained to him that it's not broadcast in Times Square or anything, he calmed a little......He claims that he wants to hear information FROM ME not read about it...but you're right......his eyes will glaze over if I tell him most of the stuff I share with you! Weird.