Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
- The boy's hockey team won the league championships
- The girl finished her first year of university with nothing but A+'s and A's
- The boy sang in a choir competition (including a solo) and they tied for 3rd place
- It's finally trailer season again!
- I've bought at least 3 new pairs of shoes (What. Shoes are newsworthy!!)
- The boy swam in Big Rideau Lake last Sunday. Yes, he is nuts.
- The girl won a small scholarship from AHEPA (Greek community association)
- The dog turned 2 on May 18th
- I have a new niece - Katelyn Ashley, born on March 2nd
- The husband decided to buy a small fishing boat. Then he decided not to. Then he decided to buy one. Then he decided not to. Not sure where this is going to lead, but apparently one boat isn't enough :o)
It looks like the weather will be beautiful this weekend - finally! We are looking forward to spending some time at the lake. In between boat rides, campfires, walks and glasses of wine, I'll be reading financial analysis texts and case studies in preparation for a one week, 13-hour days course at University of Western Ontario that I'll be attending in a week or so. I'm not convinced this is something I actually need or will use but all the executives in my department have to take it. Last time I took anything remotely relevant in school was grade 11 math and economics. Somehow I don't think my languages, literature and history background is going to be very helpful. Eeek, to say the least.
So I'll try to get back into my good habits and post more often here. Hopefully, I'll have some scrappy stuff to share. But between work and summer season at the lake, I seriously doubt there will be any heavy-duty scrapbooking sessions for some time. That's ok ... so long as we're making memories, I can capture them when the weather turns cold!