Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My Sens

Would you look at that - I've been blogging for only 4 days and I'm already giving in to the urge to tell the world wide web all about myself. Yikes. But if you're going to be dropping in here once in a while this is something you probably need to know about me. Because it might come up in conversation and I wouldn't want you to be surprised or anything. Here goes.

I am an Ottawa Senators fan.

Now this news doesn't go over well in certain social circles. My dh, for example, is a Boston Bruins fan but in all honesty he would be happy as anything if the NHL went poof one day and disappeared off the face of the earth. Actually he would be happier if only the Senators poofed. I **think** he says that just to get my goat, but I'm not 100% sure. In any event, he gave me a Senators Eastern Conference Champions 2007 coffee cup and a Senators certified jersey for my birthday last week. So maybe he does like them just a little bit, or, more likely, he loves me even more than I thought he did.

But I digress. This is after all a blog about scrapbooking and paper crafts. Luckily, my digression is the perfect segway for sharing my most recent layout - which is all about, you guessed it, my Sens. I caught Stanley Cup fever this year. I caught it bad. I didn't catch it SO bad that I was willing to spend hundreds on tickets though, so ds and I had to content ourselves with watching the finals on TV. (Ds will cheer for the Sens but only so long as they're not playing against Tampa Bay. I just don't understand the men in my life ... lol).

This layout features pictures taken during the final run of the Stanley Cup playoff in June. I think it was the second-last game ... I'm pretty sure they lost.



Now it's a pretty simple layout; my pages are usually a bit more elaborate. But, I had lots of pictures to fit in on the double 8.5x11. The title is done with Trademarks rub-on letters (both the red and the white). Of all the rub-on letters I've used, I find the Trademarks ones are the best. They go on like butter, and the matchbook-style cover is perfect for storing. For the red part of the title, I first dry-brushed some white acrilyc paint on the background. The only other embellishment is Sens stickers, which I bought at the dollar store. But I think this layout gets the point across. And now all I have to decide is whether it goes in the 2007 family album, or in ds' hockey album, or ... in my All About Me album. Decisions, decisions!

While I'm at it, let me show off some pictures I took a couple of weeks ago when the Sens unveiled their new game jerseys. Ds and I went and were one of the first 5,000 fans in the building so we got a free Sens Army t-shirt. We also got great seats. Here are Jason Spezza, Chris Phillips, Chris Neil and Brian McGrattan showing off the new jerseys.

I did go to a couple of games during the regular season last year (in the nosebleed section with the real fans) and I hope to go to a few this year as well. I also fully intend to catch Stanley Cup fever again in 2008, and this time, my Sens will see this thing right to the end. Otherwise, I'll have to cry myself to sleep again!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Nice blog, Nathalie. Welcome to the blog world. I will be checking in regularily.

BTW ... I won't comment on the Sens, since I'm a Leafs fan ;)

Anonymous said...

Fun page Nat! Thanks for the step-by-step since it answered my question of what was behind the first part of your title! LOL

And, I'd vote to put this page in your BOM! ;D