Wednesday, September 5, 2007

My New Toy

I won a merit award at work a few weeks ago but that's not what this post is about. It is, however, how the subject of this post came about. The way the awards process works is, you get to go on a website and depending on the level of the award you received, you can "shop" for an item which you then order and receive within a few weeks.

As I was shopping around the site, I couldn't find anything I liked at my award level but there were a couple of items that interested me at lower levels. I found out that I could combine levels to equal my level (hope you understand what I mean, I don't know how else to say it!). So I ordered an MP3 player and the subject of this post, a Sony 4x6 picture printer!


Sony Picture Station DPP-FP55 Inket Printer

Now I've always said I would never print up my own pictures at home. (I am, by the way, quickly learning that I say never often but often don't seem to mean it!). I was pretty sure, and still am, that the cost of printing at home is probably higher than in stores, and I was pretty sure, and now I'm not that sure, that the quality of pictures just wouldn't be as good. Also I figured I would run out of blue ink before anything else because I take a lot of outdoor pictures and, well, the sky is big and it's blue.

But I figured I had nothing really to lose, and I told myself (and I still believe it) that I would only use this printer for those late-night scrapping sessions where I just **had to have** a particular picture that very minute. So far, so good. I am thrilled with my new toy. It prints only in 4x6 size, but it does have some options - for example, you can print two 2x3 pictures onto 4x6 paper. The colour of the pictures is very accurate.

As a matter of fact, this printer has actually revived my scrapbooking muses and inspired me to scrap again. And just when I thought it couldn't get better, dh bought a new printer for the family computer: a picture-quality colour printer! I can print 5x7s and 8x10s too! So now there's really nothing to stop me from creating scrapbook pages all day long. Except of course for my job. Without which, I would never have gotten the Sony 4x6 Printer in the first place. How ironic!

5 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Ah! Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging! I'll add you to my "must check" list immediately! Blessings today and thanks for the comment!

Barbara said...

Wow! That's quite the reward. That, and an mp3 player. Way to go. Have fun with your new toys.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Congrats on both the award and the new printers Nat! :D I hear you on the job thing getting into the way of scrapping all day! What a bummer! LOL ;D

Anonymous said...

*snort* Such round-and-round arguements. Sounds like the stuff going on in my head most days. Arguing with oneself is NOT a good sign! lol

Congrats on the new toys... FREE! And the printers... yeah, printing at home ROCKS!

Neisey said...

Congrats on the reward and the 2 prizes...sounds like you are doing agreat job at work!