Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Merlot and Blogging Don't Mix

Or so The Learning Channel's (TLC's) Life Lesson goes. Or maybe it was Merlot and Email. And actually, it was a Shiraz. Nevertheless, I had the best of intentions last night; scan a few creations and update the blog. However, dh and I decided to have a couple of glasses of red wine while cooking dinner and loading up dd's new laptop (a sweet sixteen birthday present for our studious daughter). Next thing I know, it's 9:30 p.m., I feel like I've been run over by a truck, and I tuck into bed early on a weeknight having had one glass of red wine too many. Yikes. And hence, no blog entry. The shame!

I haven't created anything overly exciting over the last few days, with the exception of a mini-album for my boss' upcoming retirement but I can't really scan that as I don't think my colleagues would appreciate having their pictures splayed all over the bloggy internet. Let me just say it's really cute and maybe sometime before I give it away, I'll scan the cover and the page with my picture on it (since I don't seem to mind having my picture splayed all over the bloggy internet).

In the meantime, I am just going to share with you one of my card creations. I really have to get moving on this project. Yesterday, they announced that the craft sale in support of the Workplace Charitable Campaign (why doesn't anybody call it United Way anymore?) is October 29th. Six weeks away - not too bad, I'll have to average 4 or 5 cards a week to make my goal of 50. The exciting this is that it's right before Halloween, so I get to make some Halloween cards and actually hope they'll get purchased. It's also close enough to Christmas to warrant a few Christmas cards in the pile as well.

People at work are looking at me really funny when I tell them I am making cards and maybe a few altered items for this sale. Sometimes I forget that I don't have "scrapbooker" and "papercrafter" written all over my face, and that people who see me in my "executive" work persona every day don't really think that I could be cutting and pasting little pieces of paper at night to relax. Perhaps they think that I live a glamorous life in the evenings, sitting around drinking a good glass of Shiraz and partaking in some scintillating conversation ... oh wait ... I do this too! (Minus the glamour, people, minus the glamour....).

2 comments:

Robyn~ said...

http://robynsnest.typepad.com/robyns_nest/2007/09/challenge-accep.html

Ta da! It's done!

Anonymous said...

Your card looks great! Good luck on getting to your goal of 50! And I'm sure that they'll all sell like hot cakes! :D