Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Wow - 2008 already! There's an old Greek saying (or maybe it's just an old saying, not sure if it's particularly Greek) to the effect that whatever you do on the first day of the new year, you will do all year long. I sincerely hope so ... since I got up around 10 a.m., am still in my pajamas even though it's mid-afternoon, I spent some time reading, and I also scrapped. Sounds like a good year to me!!!

We had a lovely evening with friends last night, and I didn't get to bed until almost 3 a.m. - not used to staying up so late anymore! I ate too much. One of my resolutions (if I decide to make any) should probably be not to eat so much. Meanwhile, I resolve to think about resolutions tomorrow ...

So I spent some time in my scraproom cleaning up the mess, putting away some new stuff and actually scrapping a layout - a Halloween page which I'll share here some other time (doesn't go well with the New Years theme!). I took some pictures of my Christmas goodies before putting them away, here goes - first picture is a cool tote my sister D got me:


This is a picture of the journaling stamps (which I used today btw) and the notepad she also got me:


And finally, I found these in my stocking ... Santa actually brought me scrap stuff ... hockey scrap stuff, to boot ... cool!



I am looking forward to the rest of my lazy day, which is going to include watching the Sens game at 4:00, perhaps more scrapping, and maybe snuggling and watching a movie with dh and/or kids later. Hope you are all having a wonderful day ... and from me and mine to you and yours, here's wishing you a very happy new year - may 2008 bring you health, happiness and prosperity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great photo of the two of you! I think this is the first one I've seen of your dh, no?

I love those AL journalling stamps. I don't have those exact ones, but I bought some other ones... and yes, they are very fun and versatile. I can't wait to see what you did with them. :)

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Aw, you two look so happy! Happy New Year Darlin!

Cool scrapbooking gifts!

Love Robyn~