Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Disorganized

During a conversation with a coworker the other day, I was told that the reason I accomplish so much despite being short-staffed, etc. is that I am so organized. I actually managed to keep a straight face through that conversation. The truth is, I may appear organized, but right below the surface there is disorganization, propped up by procrastination.

Case in point - on Saturday, I finally headed off to the gym after at least 6 weeks' absence. Grabbed my gym bag (which is really an oversized canvas purse) and lo and behold, inside I found something that I had been looking for since before Christmas ... and that I had assumed I had somehow lost. An envelope stuffed full of a sampling of scrapbook goodies from past retail therapy sessions, meant for my sister D. If you're reading this D (and you probably are), I had planned on mailing this to you before Christmas ... and then turned the house upside down looking for it so I could include it in your Christmas package ... and then gave up on it. Now that it's found, I pledge to get it in the mail this week! Seriously!!!

Now if I could just muster up the energy to organize the chaos on my scrap desk ....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at this since I'm probably as bad as you say you are. :)

Robyn~ said...

Ah, organization...it comes and goes...right now, mine is here but tomorrow, could be gone! Wish you were here to help me organize my house before we put up the sign!

Anonymous said...

ROFL- this is funny. I am the same way, only no one has EVER accused me of being organized! lol

I'm glad you found the package... and congrats on making it back to the gym.

Mellisa said...

oh do I ever hear you loud and clear on that on!! lol I hope your sister enjoys her goodies.