Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Girls' Weekend

Last summer dd and I had ourselves a girls' weekend in Kingston. Aside from the shocking fact that I'm now old enough to have a daughter who's old enough to have a real girls' weekend with her mom, it was great! We got to do all the stuff we wouldn't get to do if the boys (and especially dh) were with us. We took a trolley tour of Kingston to see all the historical sites. We ate at Thai and Indian restaurants. We bought fashion and cooking mags and junk food and hung out in our hotel room. We went into every single clothing shop on Princess Street (and couldn't believe the $345 jeans we saw). We went on a nighttime haunted walk and learned all about the ghosts of Kingston. We had a massage and a pedicure at the spa. We spent an afternoon at the mall. Good times. We hope to be able to do another girls' weekend this summer.

One of the great things about scrapbooking is reliving the memories while you scrap the page. I had lots of fun reminiscing while I put together this layout:



but I realized that I took more pictures of "things" than of people and that I didn't get any pictures of us together. Doh!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Scarlet's Letter)
Journaling diecut: Luxe
Chipboard Photo Corner: Making Memories
Black&gem flower sticker: Sandylion Essentials
Flowers: Dollar store, unknown
Large brad: Unknown (I'm thinking Bazzill or MM)
Button: I think Daisy D's
Alpha: Thickers by American Crafts (these adhere really well, by the way)
Floss: DMC
Ink: Colorbox

Spent some time at the scrap desk tonight, just to decompress. Always amazes me how spending time scrapping can relax me, center me, and take away the day's stress. It's been a rough week so far stress-wise - mostly work stuff though. Worked late every night this week ... and still nowhere near being caught up. I really wonder how I'm going to manage the more demanding new job when the old job was never done. Well, at least I know I can spend a few minutes at my scrap desk at the end of the day to unwind. And if work ever gets so bad I decide to quit, well, I can always sell my scrap supplies for grocery money - that stuff should keep us in lobster and prime rib for years to come!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so hear ya on reliving the memories aspect of scrapping. :)
I love your page... you are an amazing scrapper, Nathalie!

Robyn~ said...

Oh my....a girl's weekend....sounds nice! I've been invited to go on one with Ken's sisters and sister-in-law in April! I can't wait!

stefferqc said...

Just lovely to have a girl's weekend... can hardly wait myself for that. What's this "new job" business? Did I miss something somewhere????

Barbara said...

I agree. One thing I love most about this hobby is reliving those memories.

Beautiful layout. It sounds like it was a fun girls weekend.

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. I spent the day running from hockey games, practices or play dates with half the hockey team. I am living vicariously through your girls' weekend.