Sunday, February 3, 2008

Keeping the Faith

Yeah yeah, I know y'all don't follow hockey. I honestly don't know how it became such a big part of my life. It's gotten so that I just hate missing a game on tv (and don't get me started on the pay per view nights or worse, the black-out nights - that's just not fair!). I didn't get to watch last night because I went to friends' (non-hockey-watching friends) for dinner. Which is probably a good thing.

Even if you don't follow hockey, if you're from around here you've probably heard my Sens aren't doing so well lately, especially without Alfie and the Heater. And you've surely seen the newspaper-front-page controversy surrounding my boy Ray. Who, incidently, was in nets last night. When my Sens lost 4-2 to the Leafs. The Leafs.

But never mind all the nay-sayers. I'm keeping the faith.

IF my boy Ray can just forget about being a millionnaire sports superstar and focus on his game; IF the other 16 players can find their groove and gel in their new lines; IF the magic comes back, just for a period or two ... my boys will win the next one.

Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzill
Photo corners - $ store (from my sister's stash)
Sticker strip - Mrs Grossman's
Ribbon - Offray, $ store, unknown
Rub-on Alpha - Forever in Time
Large Alpha - Colorbox Sticky Alpha Stax
Sens Sticker - $ store
Brads - MM

Photos taken this summer when ds and I went to ScotiaBank place for the unveiling of the new Sens jerseys. See what good seats we had? That picture was taken at about 4x zoom but still, so close! The scan is wonky, ignore the beige strip at the top of the left-hand page ... it isn't really there!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

The Leafs...:)

I don't follow hockey so I really shouldn't rub it in too much. Don't worry the Sens will surely make up for it and pound the Leafs later on.

Unknown said...

So cute! We love seeing how folks are using our stickers. I hope you'll visit www.mrsgrossmans.com to see our new sticker designs, and sign up for our newsletter.

All best,

Lara Starr
Marketing Director
Mrs. Grossman's