Friday, February 22, 2008

Checking In ...

I'm still here ... just too busy to blog all week, let alone scrap. Random stuff:

1 - Dh's aunt is hanging in there. Up til about Wednesday we were doing the bedside vigil thing, that's how bad things were; and then Wednesday morning she seemed to snap out of it, sat up, recognized people, drank some water ... now she's even had some food. She doesn't have much time left but it doesn't seem to be a matter of a few days anymore.

2 - Ds has a hockey tournament this weekend. I'm off work and he's off school today as the first game is at 1:00 pm. I am totally looking forward to screaming my lungs out.

3 - I haven't taken a picture in days, maybe even weeks. What's up with that? I plan on making up for it this weekend.

4 - My dryer is broken. Something about the belt. Dh usually fixes things around here but he's pretty busy so he booked a dryer guy for Monday. I may need to beg some dryer time from a neighbour or maybe my sister this weekend, because this household cannot skip a weekend of laundry!

5 - My Sens are still struggling. For weeks I prayed for the big line (Alfie-Spezza-Heatley) to get back on the ice, but now that they are back they just don't play like themselves out there. For the time being Emery is in nets, but he hasn't played like himself all year, so what can I say. I've tried changing my game-watching ritual ... sat on a different end of the couch, sat on different couch ... I even tried not watching to see if that would help ... but somehow (and I know this is hard to believe) my game-watching behaviour does not seem to affect their game.

6 - I had a bit of a Weight Watchers set-back this week (something to do with meetings where muffins etc. are provided) but my jeans are definitely fitting much better and I can't let one (okay maybe two) slices of banana bread bring me down.

7 - I'm moving offices today (or rather, my office is moving itself today, while I am off). Last August I moved to a gorgeous office in a different building (leased from private - so nice accommodations) and for the first time in a long time my staff was all together in the same area. Now I have to move back to the government-decor mothership (cause of the job upgrade) but they only have room for me and a couple of key staff right now. It totally makes sense for me to move but, :o(

8 - I am so sick and tired of coats, boots, cold, snow and brushing snow off my car. I.Need.Spring.

Well, happy weekend everyone. I'll let y'all know how the hockey tournament goes. Go, Panthers!!!

2 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Oh man, do I hear ya...it's SO time for Spring!

Barbara said...

Oh no. No dryer???? I think I would go insane. I hope you manage to use one somewhere.