Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My Boy

Isn't he just gorgeous?

Most of the pictures I have of my boy show his happy go lucky side. He's usually smiling, or goofing off. When I saw this picture on my digital camera (no idea who took it - probably his Dad), I was struck by how serious and older he looked. I was also struck by how grey his eyes look. He has gorgeous eyes, which waver between blue and grey.

I had lots of fun with this layout. I wanted a simple layout that would showcase the picture; and I wanted it to look masculine. I wanted a 2-pager, which is a challenge with just one picture! I couldn't help adding some flowers (lol), but at least they are grey, and decorated with brads that look like screw heads!! The white "boy" letters are straight in real life, by the way. They just hang from brads so they got kind of crooked during the scan.

Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzill
Epoxy letters - Making Memories page pebbles
Metal circles - $ store
Metal alpha - not sure - I think Making Memories
Ribbon - Unknown
Ribbon slide - Making Memories
Rub-ons - Making Memories (Boy Rub-on Images), American Crafts (flower doodles), My Mind's Eye (Bohemian - Bluebird "Boy")
Buttons - Unknown
Flowers - Prima
Brads - Making Memories, Unknown
Journaling Box - Luxe

So let's see ... what's new in my life ...

- I re-joined Weight Watchers tonight. I'm a lifetime member since 1992 ... coincidentally, I appear to have 1,992 pounds to lose! Lol. More like 20. There, 20 doesn't seem so bad anymore compared to 1,992! Bear with me, I'll likely start blogging about the point value of foods in the near future ... :oP

- Yeah, well, my Sens lost another one yesterday but I saw some of the old magic in the 3rd period and I hear the Heater is back in the lineup tomorrow night, with Alfie following closely on Saturday. Yipee!

- I continue to manage some time at the scrap desk in the evenings. Using my stash, and cranking out the pages. Ahhh, better than the spa. Almost.

- I've got some roller-coaster feelings about work lately (top of the heap one minute, bottom of the pile the next!). Next on my to-do list: get an executive coach. It's time to crank things up a notch.

- My poor dh has the flu. I really do feel bad for him - but you know what men are like when they have the flu. I just hope I don't catch it! But if I do, it will surely mutate into women's flu - you know, the kind where you have the flu, but you still cook, clean, take care of the kids and go to work!

- My scrappy friend Robyn went in for some surgery this week ... waiting to hear how it went! Lotsa positive thoughts going out to you girl!!!

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this turned out great. I love the simple, fun feel to it. ANd yes, he sure is handsome. He's starting to look less like a boy and more like a young man.

I hope work gets better soon and your dh is feeling better. Life sure is busy where you are! :P

stefferqc said...

Oh my, what a handsome young man you have! Love the layout, flowers and all.

Good idea about the exec coach - hang in there, only xxx more days till summer! (My attempt at humour, on this humourless day... more on that later).

Never got your email re the new position - sooooo, just tickled pink for you! You go girl... can hardly wait to hear about the new job. I on the other hand, have no friggin clue what awaits me when I get back. I'm using the head in the sand approach for now, well, at least until March when I am supposed to go see my old DG about a new position which includes a lot of smoozing with scientists. I don't even know if I want to go back... head back firmly in the sand.

Robyn~ said...

It went great! No nausea, no vomitting, very little pain...awesome!