Monday, February 18, 2008

Keepin' it Simple

Sometimes when I look through all the unscrapped pictures in my picture folder - both printed and digital - I get pretty overwhelmed. Even though I've managed to scrap chrono albums covering 1991 to 2005, I'm very behind on "current" (ie, 2006 and 2007) pictures, and I have tons of older pictures begging to be scrapped, and stories begging to be told. I am still looking for someone willing to dish out the equivalent of my salary so I can just stay home and scrap for a living, but I am not holding my breath on this one!

I've come to the conclusion that not every layout can be an artistic masterpiece. Heck, not even 1 in 5, really...because if I spend 6 hours on every layout, I will never, ever, ever catch up. I will never capture all the memories I want to capture. So lately I've been giving myself permission. Permission to not agonize over every little detail, and also permission to keep it simple. With that in mind, I produced the layout below in less than 30 minutes. Mega simple, with the bonus of using up scraps and old stash.


Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: SEI (mini memories - fireflies) OLD SCRAPS
Chipboard Alpha: Thickers by American Crafts
Rub-On Alpha: Trademarks by American Crafts
Sticker Letters: Stickopotamus VERY OLD STASH
Chalked Embossed Corn Embellishment: From a swap VERY VERY OLD STASH
Tools to Note: Small circle punch by EK Success OLD TOOL

I also gave myself permission to use a layout design that I've already used twice in the last month. Once for my recent fishing layout, the other time for the sense of humour layout. But looking at them together, they don't really look alike. Each one has its own twist.

Most of the 30 minutes spent on this layout, were spent trying to find just the right pp and embellishments. Once that was done, it came together in about 10 minutes. At that rate, hopefully I'll be scrapping 2008 pictures soon... :o)

3 comments:

famille1999 said...

It looks great Nath! We need to remind ourselves to have fun with this once in a while. I think I'm in need of a 30 min challenge myself!!! LOL Where is Barb? I'm sure that she'll organize all this for us! ;)

Jennifer said...

Your so right. And your LO looks wonderful. I love the simplicity of it (besides it looks like something I'd do) Does that mean I don't create masterpeices?

Barbara said...

You know, I've come to the same conclusion too, that simple is faster and therefore better. Sometimes I think people go waaaaay over board in creating a layout ... but I guess if that makes them happy then they need to do it. Me? I'm happy with fast and finished layouts.

I love that layout. I love the design of it.