Sunday, February 10, 2008

Don't Get Excited!!!

I'm not having a baby!!! The blog is dressed up in honour of the scrapbooking project I accomplished this weekend.

A friend at work is having a baby after many years of trying - she'll be off on maternity leave very soon. We're having a lunchtime baby shower this week to wish her well. I got inspired yesterday and decided to make her a picture-ready baby scrapbook for baby's first year. Only problem - she hasn't found out the gender of the baby, she wants it to be a surprise. How was I to make a totally cute scrapbook if I didn't know whether to go pinks or blues? Well, Wal-Mart (of all places) to the rescue. I found a really cute 8x8 green/blue/yellow/white album by Generations, and a totally cute "cardstock bundle" kit by American Traditions chock full of very versatile multi-baby-coloured patterned paper (and a few buttons and silver brads, which inspired me to dig into my stash for similar items to carry the theme throughout). I put a serious dent in my blossom stash (didn't think that was possible, lol) and used the cutest adhesive foam letters I had picked up at the dollar store - a great buy, as they are very sturdy and very adhesive. I put in a couple of hours yesterday, and a few solid hours today as well (ahhhh...cropping bliss!), and now I am all done, including a matching greeting card (see above).

In addition to the title page, there are 12 numbered pages where the numbers stand for each month of baby's first year. All she has to do is add a picture taken sometime that month. The little blue squares on the picture mats are photo tabs - she just needs to lift up the blue paper and stick her pictures down. Next comes a 2-page layout entitled "A Year of Firsts", with some journaling blocks where she can record any firsts she likes (first tooth, first solid food, first word ...) without being limited by the specific firsts usually listed in baby books. And finally, on the last page there is space for both Mom and Dad to write a letter to baby on the occasion of his or her first birthday. I hope she likes it. I can't wait til she comes back from mat leave in a year and shows me the album filled with pictures!















Still here??? Thanks for sticking it out to the end!!! Just for fun, why don't you post a comment and let me know whether your first thought when the blog loaded up was "OMG, is she pregnant???". Lol. Isn't going to happen - factory is closed - but hey, I had you all going there for just a teeny minute, didn't I???

2 comments:

Robyn~ said...

You are SO kind to do this for her! She'll be thrilled! I must admit though, when I first saw your blog, I immediately thought...baby!

Jennifer said...

Some of that paper looks like an older line of K&Co.

How neat you put the sticky double sided tabs down. I think alot of people forget that.

And your co-worker is lucky to have you. What a nice thing to do for her!