Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've Got the Cranks

I woke up cranky this morning. This goes against my nature - I'm one of those despicably happy morning people, who bounce out of bed screaming "Good morning world, bring it ON!" (Ok not quite exactly - I look like hell and shuffle around confusedly for a bit - but in general, I wake up a happy gal).

I'd like to attribute my mood to PMS, but problem is, since my endometrial ablation almost a year ago, I don't have periods anymore and have no idea where I am in my cycle at any point in time (too much information, anyone?) ;o) And I suppose it could be pre-menopause, or even menopause, who knows ... I hear that can bring on the cranks.

Truth is, it's probably just Life. I've got a lot going on at work and I feel like I'm behind on everything. I've just signed on for a job I'm not sure I can actually do. I don't know what to eat anymore because half the food I can't have because I'm intolerant to some chemical or other in it, the other half I can't have because it's too fattening and I'm only 'sposed to eat 21 points a day (I.Hate.WeightWatchers.) More importantly, though, I was bummed out on Valentine's because while everyone else was all pink and red and cupid-y, all I could think of was Valentine's Day two years ago when my mother passed away. And my husband's aunt, to whom we are very close, is dying from the pancreatic cancer she fought so well a couple of years ago. She's just been put on palliative care. I took my mother in law to the hospital to see her this morning, and it was just so sad to see how much she deteriorated since just a few days ago. And I think I have post-traumatic stress syndrome. I walk into the hospital and feel like hyper-ventilating. I have seen enough hospital rooms, hallways and cafeterias to last me a lifetime. And while we're at it, I have seen enough grocery stores, laundry machines, ironing boards and brooms to last me a lifetime too. So there.

Now that I have that off my chest... I hope you don't have the cranks after reading this depressing post. But when you do get the cranks, what do you do to cheer up? One of my favorite cheer-ups is just being around the kids. Ds in particular is just goofy enough to get me out of my (infrequent) bad moods. With his goofy personality in mind, I scrapped the following layout the other day ... I kind of scraplifted myself from an earlier layout, as well as a magazine layout I had pinned onto my bulletin board. As a result, it came together so easy, it wasn't funny (pun):


Supplies:


Cardstock: Unknown
Patterned paper: Scenic Route (Chicken Scratch) and Frances Meyer (Japan Garnet Wine)
Wooden frame: Unknown
Chipboard Letters: Chatterbox
Alpha Stickers: Stickopotamus
Alpha Rub-Ons: American Crafts
Number Rub-Ons: Forever in Time ($ Store)
Buttons: Not sure. Either Daisy D or Dollar Store
Brads: Making Memories

Another thing that would help with the crankies, is if the Sens win their game against the Devils tonight. Gosh, imagine how cranky I'll be tomorrow morning if they don't ... ! So even if you don't care much for hockey (and I know y'all don't, lol) ... maybe you could wish for a Sens win tonight on my behalf, ok???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nathalie, if I were in your shoes, I wouldn't want to set foot in a hospital again either. I'm so sorry about all the loss and pain in your life. There's nothing I can say to make it better, but I hope it helps to know I'm pulling for the people you love. (((hugs)))

I hope tomorrow is a less cranky day.

Robyn~ said...

Cheer, love and happiness coming your way....nothing worse than a FUNK...it will pass...I know you. Enjoy your weekend!

Love Robyn~

famille1999 said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were feeling blue... Some days are harder to go through than others and you keep being reminded of the difficult moments that you went though these past few years... Big hugs going your way Nath!!!

BTW... great page! :)