Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Resolutions

While I tend to agree with Calvin here, if I really think about it (and actually, I don't have to think about it very hard), there are a few things about me that I would like to change. That need changing. People say that New Year's resolutions don't work - that's why I decided yesterday to defer my resolutions to today. It's not New Year's anymore, is it? Therefore, the resolutions will work. Twisted logic, eh?

When it comes down to it, I really have 3 broad categories requiring change.

Health

This is a biggie. I know all of the things I need to do to stay healthy; but I don't do them. This year I want to focus more on my health. I need to get back to the gym, I need to think before shoveling food into my mouth, I need to listen to my body and get the rest I need. Specific steps I can take:

(a) go to gym at least 2x/week
(b) rejoin Weight Watchers to get back into good eating habits
(c) go to sleep by 10:30 on weeknights.

Finances

Big picture, no problems here. But to be honest, plenty of money gets blown on little things, and while I track spending in general (ie withdrawals and such), I don't track cash spending specifically (ie, how much gets spent on lunches, lattes and luxuries). Specific steps I can take:

(d) keep track of "little stuff" spending for a month to raise my awareness
(e) bring lunch to work 4x week
(f) stop buying scrap mags (honestly, there's at least $50/month right there!!)

"Me" Time

All work and no play makes me a pretty boring gal. I certainly have my hands full with work and by the time the kids' needs are taken care of, and the house somewhat cleaned, there's not much energy or time left for me. Specific steps I can take:

(g) scrap at least 2x/week
(h) date night with dh at least 1x/month
(i) lunch or dinner with a friend (or a sister!) at least 1x/month

Why am I splatting my resolutions on the 'net for all the world to see? Well in own personal experience, I do better when I'm accountable to others rather than only to me. For example, Weight Watchers has always worked great for me, not because it's such a fantastic program, but because I have to weigh in weekly in front of someone else!! So, by sharing my goals here, I have a greater chance of actually reaching some of them, because I am accountable to you, dear readers! More of my twisted logic! So next month, I will report back on how I'm doing on these 9 specific steps. Wish me luck.

Meanwhile, I've already gotten a head start on the "me" time thing ... since I scrapped yesterday! And here is the result (wonky scan - the pp is the same shade on both pages, lol):



Halloween

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: SEI Paisley & Petals, K&Co (pumpkins), Unknown (orange diamonds ... came in a kit I got at Costco)
Letters: Chatterbox (orange), Rusty Pickle (black on white) and Provocraft (white on black)
Felt lace ribbon: Queen & Co
Other: Autumn leaves clear journaling stamps

3 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I am so not good with resolutions! I wish you the best!
Very scary halloween costumes!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a pretty scary Halloween LO... but meant in a good way since it rocks! :)

Good luck with your resolutions! And to help you out, I'll keep reading your blog so I can pester you from time to time to see how you are doing with all of those! Happy New Year Nath!!!! Hugs! :)

Anonymous said...

Great LO... love your two pagers. Those are awesome resolutions too... I'm sure most of us can relate. ;)