Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Loud. The Proud.

Starting to wonder if I should have a separate Senators album, given the number of layouts I've been producing about Sens hockey lately! But I guess it's a big part of our (uh, my and ds') life, so it makes sense for those layouts to go into the everyday life albums.

I've spent a bit of time here and there scrapping lately. No big hours-long sessions but still, I've managed to produce a few new things. Yesterday I wasn't feeling well and stayed home from work (a rare occurrence) and had high hopes that I would feel better throughout the day so I could scrap. But, I ended up spending the entire day on the couch and no scrapping got done. Seems that rest is really the key for me, because, just like a couple of weeks ago, a good rest seems to have done the trick. I'm back to my old self today.

Last summer, I read in the paper that the Senators were unveiling their new NHL jerseys at an event at Scotiabank Place. The first 5,000 fans in the doors would receive a new Sens Army t-shirt. Luckily, it was during my vacation time. Ds and I headed over and stood in line for what seemed like hours just to get in the doors ... but our efforts paid off, as we were one of the first 5,000 in AND we got an excellent seat not far from the stage. I'm currently working on a layout with pictures of the actual unveiling ... the pictures below are taken outside Scotiabank Place before and after:


I'm starting to run out of design and embellishment ideas for these Sens layouts. There are only so many ways to do red, black, white and gold!

Supplies:


Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Luxe (black & white), Junkitz (plaid)
Sens Sticker: dollar store
Alpha Stickers: Stickopotamus (white), Unknown (gold)
Brads: MM
Journaling block: Luxe
Rub-on: All My Memories (#1), American Crafts (*)

I managed to use up some patterned paper from my scrap stash on this one. I've been trying to make the effort to do that lately because I have so many scraps. But I also have so many yummy new papers too, so it's hard.

Happy weekend everyone, and thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaah, I never tire of your SENS pages. Great job, Nathalie! And I do hope you're feeling better after your day on the sofa! ;)

Robyn~ said...

I didn't know your son looked so much like you! Wow! He's a cutie!

Jennifer said...

What a cool LO and it's nice to have something so important to scrap about beside the usual.