Thursday, January 10, 2008

Do you miss my hockey posts?

Hey, it really has been a while since I've bored you with hockey. Never fear, hockey still forms a pretty important part of my life, between ds' house league career, my new habit of watching EVERY Sens game on TV, and our occasional real-live-in-person attendance at ScotiaBank Place. Not to mention my cruising sports websites for Sens news. I wouldn't be surprised if my friends and family were planning an intervention to rid me of this obsession!

Until I get cured, though, I am still going to occasionally blog about hockey. But just to keep you interested, here's a hockey layout. So now this post is actually about scrapbooking - so there.



Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzill
Patterned Paper - Scenic Route (Savannah)
Arrows - Scenic Route
Alpha - Chatterbox, Basic Grey Black Tie
Other - Autumn Leaves journaling stamp

I think I've mentioned here before that goaltender Ray Emery is my favorite player. I'm sad to report that I'm starting to rethink this. It actually has nothing to do with his play, despite the fact that it's been infrequent and inconsistent this season - partly because of his recovery from wrist surgery, but also partly because of his attitude on and off the ice. And this is the reason why I'm not so sure about him anymore. I mean, he's always been a scrapper (um, the fighting kind, not the paper-and-scissors kind!), and it's no secret he's a big boxing fan. He's always been pretty flamboyant, with his hip clothes and many tattoos. But I think the fame has gone to his head in the last year, he's been acting like a spoiled brat on and off the ice. Little kids look up to their NHL heroes, and I surely wouldn't want any little kids to look up to Ray. Temper tantrums, road rage etc. don't make for a good role model.

So with a heavy heart, I am in the market for a new favorite. Who will it be? Fisher? Alfredson? Heatley? Not sure. Guess I'll have to watch a few more games, very attentively, before I decide. Luckily, I get to watch one in person with ds this weekend.

It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!

5 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

They must know you by name at the Sens games! LOL!

Barbara said...

I never tire of your hockey layouts.

Sorry to here that you've been disillusioned about your favorite player. I hate it when someone I look up to disappoints me in their behaviour.

Fortunately, there are many others worthy of the honour.

Anonymous said...

You are going to see another game in person again???!! LOL ;P Good for you! :)

Too bad that you need to look out for a new fav. It's true though, they don't think of all the young people idolizing them and wanting to imitate them... It's sad.

Love your latest hockey LO. Great pic of you! :)

Robyn~ said...

I wish I liked hockey...I really do. But I CANNOT handle the fighting. If my son, brother or hubby were playing and someone hit him, I'd be on the ice in the middle of it. Guess I'd better avoid the game!

stefferqc said...

MORE HOCKEY LAYOUTS!!!! Yes, I love your hockey posts - gives me an idea of what awaits me and mine (both boys are in hockey - MAGH1 + 2 this year). The eldest is quite the "star" in the eyes of his coaches and some of the other kids, which worries me - Emery seems to be having a case of being a "star" and not quite sure what to do with it - and so we work hard to keep him well grounded and to enjoy being part of a team. Keep it coming!

P.S. Yes, I had 4 or 5 teeth done at the same time - a whole quadrant, to quote the dentist. I have the other side to do next year but it should go faster than 3 1/2 hrs!