Saturday, January 12, 2008

Just one more teeny tiny hockey post

Wow, I am so stoked for tonight. Ds and I have tickets to the Sens - Red Wings game. We purchased these last fall as a Christmas gift for ds, and I chose this game simply because it was on a Saturday soon after Christmas (and also a little bit because Jan 12th is my Dad's birthday, the first one since he passed away, and I thought going to a hockey game would be a good way to remember him). I had no idea that this would be such a hyped-up game; the Red Wings are 1st in the Western Conference right now with a very impressive record (10 points more than the Sens at this point). We could very well be facing them in the Stanley Cup finals this year. So what a bonus, to be going to such an exciting game tonight! And I just heard that Emery will be starting goalie. Hmn. It'll be kinda hard to pick my new favorite Senator when my current (former?) favorite is on the ice!!

So far today I've slept in (8:00!), done the groceries and un-decorated the family room (hoping to get the rest of the Christmas decorations down tomorrow). Now we're off to ds' hockey practice and after that, it won't be long before we change into our jerseys and head off to the game. I love it when I have stuff to look forward to!

Happy Weekend, everyone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, was the game any good? Who won? I sure hope that you had a good time! It's been a year already for you too... Time sure flies fast doesn't it.

Have a great week Nat! :)