Friday, January 18, 2008

I Miss Summer!

This time of year, it feels like it's been winter forever, and like winter will never end. We haven't had too much of the minus a gazillion degrees Celsius weather, but we've had snow on the ground since it first fell on November 21. Some lucky people get to spend a week or two down south this time of year (like my sister M who is just wrapping up a nice warm cruise), but not me. So I'm longing for summer!

I thought I would live last summer again by looking through my unscrapped summer pictures. It didn't make me feel much better, but it did inspire me to scrap this:


One day early last summer, the kids and I went to Waterways to hang out at the beach for a day. The day before was hot and humid. The day after, hot and humid. But the day we chose to hang out at the beach, it was almost cool at a windy 23C. Ds (who once jumped in these waters on Victoria Day weekend) didn't mind the cool weather though and made the best of it by building sandcastles and elaborate waterworks by the edge of the water all day.

Supplies - T at the Beach

Patterned Paper and T monogram: Basic Grey Scarlet Letter
Cardstock: Bazzill
Embellishments: Westminster Finery by Tinkering Ink and buttons by ?
@ symbol - Thickers by American Crafts
The word beach - Wonderful Words by Deja Views
Letter stickers - unknown

On the bright side, going to bed early the other night probably did me a world of good, as I didn't come down with a cold this week after all. I'm all tired out from an intense workweek though, and have to deal with 7 a.m. hockey practice tomorrow.

On the here's-something-different front, I spent this evening playing NHL 07 on the Playstation 2 with ds!!! I was (of course) the Senators but couldn't completely duplicate my favorite team because of the players available last season. I managed to score a couple of goals but I pretty much got blown away by ds (who kept apologizing and telling me I was doing REALLY WELL for a beginner). Ah, good times.

Happy weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Just THINK beach...warm...sun...it'll work!

Anonymous said...

Those pages are just gorgeous Nat!!! Love them and love those pictures. Really sounds like you had a blast with your ds! LOL

Jennifer said...

I love what you did with that paper, I always have a hard time with papers like that.

And I hate the cold and snow so I can't wait for the summer.