Wednesday, October 3, 2007

A Change of Seasons

Despite the lovely weather we've been having lately, I have heard a number of people grumbling about the end of summer and the imminent arrival of fall (and winter). And while I will miss those lazy evenings bbq'ing and drinking on the deck in the heat of summer, I must admit I am looking forward to some lazy evenings bbq'ing and drinking on the deck in the crisp fall air, as well as those lazy evenings bbq'ing and drinking on the deck bundled up in our parkas (do you see a certain pattern emerging here?).

I am definitely in the minority when it comes to favourite seasons. Almost everyone I ask says "summer". But I have always LOVED autumn. That first glimpse of school supplies displayed at the mall ... the promise of fresh new notebooks and pencils ... the excitement of buying a few new pieces of clothing to make the transition between seasons ... the chill in the air ... the return of the sweater ... the symphony of colours which begins so slowly and insidiously until one day - BANG! It's fall.

We do plenty of outdoor family activities in the fall. We love taking walks through the woods, picnic and bottle of wine in tow. We especially love our new yearly tradition of spending Thanksgiving Day at our friends' hunt camp. Through the years I've documented some of our adventures in our scrapbooks. The other day I was inspired to scrap a page documenting how I feel about my favourite season (another layout for my Book of Me!):



You all can mourn the end of summer if you want; as for me, I am celebrating the arrival of fall!

2 comments:

Robyn~ said...

Me too, I think? I do love fall but I sure had a wonderful summer...thanks in advance for the sb package!

stefferqc said...

I'm right there with you! Fall is my favorite season and its my favorite scrap theme. My best pages all center around fall... my worst are summer! I think its the rich colours of fall that inspire me more.