Friday, October 12, 2007

I've been tagged!

My scrappy/bloggy friend Robyn put up a list of 10 things she'd splurge on and 10 things she wouldn't on her blog, and has tagged (challenged) me to do the same. So here goes!

10 Things That Are Splurge-Worthy

1. Shoes (and more shoes)
2. Haircut and colour (I'm with Robyn on that one!)
3. Scrapbooking magazines (they must be splurge-worthy, since they're so expensive and I keep buying them anyway!)
4. Starbucks and Second Cup lattes (though I usually make dh splurge for them, lol)
5. Pants that fit my derriere AND my waist (I'd pay big bucks for that miracle)
6. A tailor to fix clothes that don't fit my derriere AND my waist (my new favorite thing)
7. Tickets to a Senators game (anyone want to splurge on me??)
8. A new granite kitchen counter (drool....)
9. The right shade of lipstick (oops Robyn, I pay full price for my Cover Girl!)
10. Even more shoes (no explanation needed, right?)

10 Things That Aren't Splurge-Worthy

1. Designer clothes (why pay for a name?)
2. Two sinks in the bathroom (it's just an extra sink to clean)
3. Gift bags from anywhere other than the dollar store (for crying out loud, it's a BAG, why pay $4.95...)
4. Scrapbooking embellishments that cost $9.99 or more with only 3 or 4 units in the package
5. Fur coats (warmth is good, having red paint thrown on you by fanatics is bad)
6. Anything fancier than a latte at Starbucks (it's all chemicals anyway)
7. Sports cars (unless you're 23 and your name is Gwee-do)
8. Exercise videos (face it, you won't use 'em)
9. Really expensive wine (there's some very decent stuff for under $20 a bottle)
10. Anything that doesn't make my heart sing!

OK ... I'm tagging ... Marlene and stefferqc (although with getting ready to go pick up her daughter in China, this gal may have other fish to fry!).

1 comment:

Robyn~ said...

Excellent job! Don't ya love lists??