Sunday, October 7, 2007

On our way ...

That's what I look like this morning - Sleepy the Dwarf. Minus the dwarf part. And the goofy shoes. I was up until 2:00 a.m. getting ready for today's Thanksgiving-at-the-Hunt-Camp yearly event!!! I got a late start - had a full day, a late dinner, drove dd's friend home, and by about 9:15 I was chopping, sauteeing, mixing, boiling, "prep"ing a variety of things including stuffing (my father-in-law's special recipe), brussel sprouts in sour cream and cheese (hope our friends' kids like brussel sprouts!), honeyed carrots, and apples stuffed with brown sugar, cinnamon and oats, which hopefully will cook well wrapped in foil on the wood-burning stove. While I was doing all this, I also finished the laundry (total of 6 loads yesterday!), put new sheets on the beds, got all the non-food stuff ready for packing, etc. I also made a very lame attempt at making sucre-a-la-creme (after dd's attempt failed and we ended up with caramel). Well this morning it would appear my attempt failed as well, mine was worse than caramel, it was liquid goop with funny looking parts in it!

I was up at 7:00 this morning to finish getting ready. I am almost done packing everything up, and soon we will head out for our annual Thanksgiving celebration with our good friends at a hunt camp with no running water and no electricity. We look forward to this all year - can't wait! To all those of you celebrating Thanksgiving today, have a good one - eat well, be merry, give thanks for all the good in your life. I know I will!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are one heck of a busy gal! Happy Thanksgiving! :)

Barbara said...

sounds like a fun time! The food sounds very yummy!!