Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nothing to blog about?

Ugh. I am suffering from bloggers' block. This is supposed to be a scrappy blog, but I have nothing scrappy to blog about. I am feeling a bit under the weather, overworked and not all that creative. I have decided to resort to a point form brain dump:

-Work: too much of it
-New Boss: so far, so good
-United Way Cardmaking: stalled
-Motherhood: an equal part mix of pride, fear and frustration
-Home Improvements: confused visions of granite, stainless steel and hardwood stairs floating in my head
-Home Maintenance: ironing piled up, dust bunnies planning coup d'etat
-Fitness: Gym? Jim who?
-Diet: Bad-For-You Food: 10. Willpower: 0. It's a shut-out.
-Weather: not allowed to complain since apparently I like fall
-Christmas: Oh. My. God.

Ok, that last thought REALLY scared me. I think I am going to go hide under my covers now. Perhaps I will wake up tomorrow full of energy, creativity and enthusiasm, so that I can simultaneously tackle departmental reorganizations, dust bunnies, card making, wrinkly shirts, homework help, discussions about potential university majors, decisions about granite colours, healthy eating, and a Martha Stewart Christmas, while increasing the resistance level on the elliptical trainer.

Oops, looks like I'm already asleep and dreaming!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

LOL! Jim who?

I hear you about the motherhood thing. How can we feel so many different emotions at the same time?

Anonymous said...

One day at a time... hang in there, okay? As for your blogger's block, I will find something for you to blog about. Check your email in a bit. ;)

Robyn~ said...

Hang in there...if anyone can get through it, you can....I believe in you!

BTW, I received a PACKAGE in the mail this morning! I will take a picture of it all after work and will post it on my blog. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for such a wonderful gift!

Anonymous said...

Rofl!!!

I'm sorry that you feel a bit overpowered by all that needs to be done though. Your last thought scared me too... Man I can't imagine that it's almost time to think about that time of the year! Yikes!