Saturday, December 1, 2007

Owies!

Warning: This is going to be one of those whiny posts. The kind where I complain and feel all sorry for myself. Feel free to ignore, lol!!

Had dental surgery again this week. I say "again" because I had peridontal dental surgery back in May - to treat an area of my gums that is receding, the dentist harvested some tissue from my palate and grafted it onto my gums. Unfortunately I had an unusual amount of swelling and then some infection, so one of the stitches popped and it healed funny - made a little pocket of tissue which is not a good thing.

So Thursday, I went in for some no-charge repairs. Thank goodness, there was no need to cut into the palate this time. But there was some flap-cutting and it looks like Frankenstein's neck in there. Thursday also happened to be the day the workers were staining and lacquering our new hardwood stairs, so we had to stay out of the house until late in the evening...I went to my mother-in-law's for the day and dh drove the kids there after school.

I was glad to find myself back in my own bed yesterday (despite all the putting-the-railing-back-on noises the workers were making right outside my door). However, I must have had a reaction to one of the meds the doctor prescribed, because I started throwing up and pretty much continued to do so periodically for the rest of the day. I've eliminated two of the meds (the ones for pain - the irony of life!) and am taking only the antibiotics now. Still feel shaky but at least I'm no longer throwing up. Except now I get to feel the pain. Sigh.

I couldn't sleep anymore and came downstairs to make myself a coffee (which I am in desperate need of, because I wasn't allowed to have anything hot for 24 hours so between that and the nausea yesterday I had NO COFFEE). My plans for today included going to the grand re-opening of my local scrapbook store (yes, the one that shut down, where I spent all that money ... they're re-opening in a smaller location! Don't know whether to be happy or worried!). But I don't think I'm going anywhere or doing anything today. Pout.

If you got this far, thanks for "listening" to my whining. I'll get over it. Look on the bright side - I've got a few days off work!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! Sorry you're having such a run of bad luck... repeat surgery and then a drug reaction. Geesh! I hope you're feeling better again really soon.

Robyn~ said...

Oh my, I can hardly read your post! Youch! There is only one more place more sensitive than the mouth, that I know of and if you've had kids (which I know you have), you'll know where that area is. Hope your mouth is healed soon!

stefferqc said...

Oh my, Nath... hope you are feeling better! I am also scheduled for the same thing in January - now you are scaring me a bit.