Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Now that the cat's out of the bag ...

... or more accurately, now that the scrapbook is out of the gift bag ... I thought I'd share some of my most recent layouts with you!

Over the last couple of months I've alluded to a gift album I've been making for Christmas, but I couldn't give any details, given that my sisters read my blog and this album was for one of them (sister M). When we cleaned out our Dad's apartment after he passed away, I brought all of the photo albums home and while I gave many of the photos (especially the older ones) to my sister D, fellow scrapbooker, I kept a photo album full of childhood pictures of sister M's son, who is now almost 25, with the intention of making a scrapbook for my sister and her husband for Christmas.

Here are some of my favorite layouts from this album:




I didn't scan all of the layouts, but I do have a few more to share, so stay tuned! Now that I have finished this album, I plan on getting back to scrapping some of our 2006 and 2007 pictures. I had about 140 of them printed a couple of weeks ago, so I have plenty of inspiration to get me going. I also have plenty of supplies to get going (including some scrappy gifts I received ... which I'll share with you in my next post) - but just in case, I plan on visiting my local scrapbook store this weekend. Rumour has it there's a 3-day 50% off boxing day sale going on starting tomorrow! A girl can never have too many scrapping supplies - especially when the price is right!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Un échantillon de l'album de Julien! Mona est bien chanceuse (elle me l'a dit...)
Bisous xxx

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL album it must've been, Nathalie! I love your 8x8 pages. You are a natural at square LOs, even though you are an 8.5x11 scrapper. Congratulations on completing such a lovely gift!

And yes, I would agree with you on the scrap shopping. I was at the east end LSS today, and I got some good stuff... and I may pop by the west end LSS during the sale to spend my g/c that my BIL got for me. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh that's great! She must have been thrilled! Glad you had a great Christmas! Love ya!
Robyn~