Friday, December 21, 2007

Back on track

Happy to report the Christmas preparations are on track! If you had asked me a week ago if I was ready for Christmas, I would have told you I hadn't even started yet. But now, four days before the big event, everything is taken care of except for the food. Yippee!

I even found the time to create some gifts for my staff from an idea that had been floating in my head for a while. I purchased some inexpensive glass jars at the dollar store, some Hershey's kisses and some Werther's candy, did some digging in my stash for festive paper, and had myself some creative fun the other night. See the results:





Twenty jars, all nestled into a box ... so pretty (if I may say so myself). I am giving some of these away today to staff who won't be in on Monday ... and then the rest on Monday.

I am so glad that I did a big push and got Christmas preparations out of the way before now. We are going to be very busy over the next few days ... going to a cocktail party at friends' tonight, having some neighbours over tomorrow, having friends over for dinner Sunday, going to my sister's on Monday, and hosting Christmas dinner on Tuesday. Needless to say, I am hitting the grocery store at 7 a.m. tomorrow, followed by a trip to Costco which I am dreading because I know it is going to be a ZOO in there. But at least I won't be frantically searching for last minute gifts ... !

Ciao everyone!

PS - for my scrappy friends - the patterned paper is Making Memories (big polka dots) and SEI Holiday Hoopla (Christmas words). I inked the edges with red ink, used Creative Memories circle punch to make the label for the top, and used up some Stickopotamus alphabets for the initials.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look just awesome Nath! I usually give some chocolates and candies to the secretaries at work at Christmas but usually put those in a little bag but I think I'm going to steal your idea for next year! :)

I sure hope that all your celebrations will go without a hitch!

Have yourself a very merry Christmas! Big hugs!

Anonymous said...

Cool! You ARE organized after all! Wish I could work with ya JUST to get a jar of your love!

Anonymous said...

The above post is from Robyn~

Anonymous said...

Wow, these are great. I love that you did this... very scrappy yet not overly so. ;)