Sunday, November 4, 2007

More Retail Therapy

I haven't found any time to scrap yet this weekend - high hopes for today though. I may not be wandering too far from home today, I feel a doozie of a cold coming on.

Yesterday, however, I found a few minutes (ok, over an hour) to drop by the closing sale at my local scrapbook store, which started as a 50% off sale and prompted a retail therapy shopping trip, and is now a 75% off sale, which is impossible to resist. And while it was sad to see the shelves and display units so bare, I'm glad the owner is managing to sell off her stock, and I'm glad I had time to go in and take advantage of the sale. I paid $27 for $110 worth of supplies, and in my book, that is the ultimate retail therapy session!

So here's what I bought. A hodge-podge of embellishments including ... rub-ons, metal, flowers, bling, chipboard, felt:



Several sheets of paper by Rouge de Garange (indigo line):



Several sheets of Basic Grey paper including some Scarlet's Letter and Recess:



Several sheets of Cherry Arte paper (Golden Haze and East of India lines):



Some Pebbles Inc (My Guy), Bo Bunny (Primrose), and Making Memories (Deck the Halls):



And finally, many sheets of the Polo Shirt line by Luxe:



Actually, it's really wild that all this stuff would have cost $110 full price. It's a good haul, but really, $110 for some paper and buttons?? Every once in a while (ok, maybe once a year) I feel some twinges of guilt about the money I spend on scrapbooking stuff (or scrap crap, as dh calls it!). But it never lasts long. Lol.

Nevertheless, it's always good to find a deal. With that in mind, I next proceeded to Winners, with full intentions of buying a new purse to go with my new favorite shoes. Unfortunately, there were no purple/burgundy purses to be found. Then I looked at shoes (a passion closely tied with scrap crap), but there was nothing decent in my size. I tried to look at clothes, but honestly, I just can't clothes shop at Winners. It's like trying to find some clothes for yourself in someone else's closet. I have no patience for it. So before leaving the store, I thought I'd check out their photo album aisle and lo and behold, I found a good deal on 8.5x8.5 K&Co album which came with some paper and embellies ($12.99):













I have a Christmas gift project in mind for this album ... which means I am going to have to do some serious scrapping in the next few weeks if I want to have it done by Christmas!

Wishing you all an easy, lazy Sunday (that's what I'm hoping to have!)!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great scrapbook purchases! I love the albums. :)

I get the pangs of guilt too, but it's not from the bottom line on the receipts... it's more from the piles of stuff I buy that I don't have room to store properly. :S oh well...

Robyn~ said...

Wish I could come and scrapbook with you! Wish I had a WINNERS close by me!

Anonymous said...

Looks like your therapy was a "réussite"! LOL Great finds! As for clothes shopping at Winners, I really have to be in the mood to do so! LOL