Thursday, November 15, 2007

Give me some chipboard! Give me some paint! Give me some ribbon! Give me an N! What does it spell?

Uh - it spells "N" of course!!! See below - my latest creation - an altered letter N. Why N? Well, it happens to be my initial. Why N now? Well, (a), I got a really great deal on Making Memories big chipboard letters at the EM closing sale, and lo and behold, they actually had the ever-popular N (you know, one of those popular consonants, frequently being uncovered by the likes of Vanna White). And (b), one of the blogs I occasionally stalk is the blog of Ali Edwards. Ali had a couple of "A"s in her scraproom, and all of a sudden people started sending her A's of every shape, size and colour ... altered A's ... metal A's ... wooden A's ... etc. A's are kind of her trademark now. And I thought that was kind of cool. And I decided I wanted an "N" for my scraproom. So there! And finally, (c), I felt like playing with my scrap stuff but had misplaced my inspiration for page design.

Anyway, this was a very quick and simple altered project. I basically used acrilyc paint to paint the letter, a black ink pad to ink the edges, some ribbon from my stash (including some pretty nice black and white ribbon that I bought in the scrapbook section of my local Dollarama, of all places), an MM word rub-on, a couple of blossoms, some Bohemian gems, and an MM bling brad. Had fun doing it. Now it's up on my bulletin board. Between Ali and I, we've got a whole word ... a preposition, actually ... "AN". Lol.

2 comments:

Robyn~ said...

And wouldn't an "R" just be LOVELY??? Great job Nat!

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I bought a P (for my dh and two ds' last name) at Michaels a while back. Still in the package. *sigh*