Sunday, November 18, 2007

Another hockey page

I don't even want to think about Saturday night's Sens-Leaf game so you'll be glad to know I won't be writing about it here. I'm happy being in denial, thank you very much.

I've had a few minutes here and there to play in my scraproom this weekend. I had planned on a full afternoon today, but you know what they say about the best-laid plans ... went shopping for a computer desk with dh instead. I did manage to create this page though:



Coach Dean

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Not sure (from my scraps) but I think it's Basic Grey
Stickers: de*fined clear (sports) by MM
Rub-on: MM
Alpha: Rusty Pickle
Journaling Block: Luxe
Brads: unknown
Other: Craf-T chalk, Colox Box ink

This is ds' hockey coach from 2 years ago. A really nice guy. He was also our assistant coach the year before that. This year he's got three kids in hockey including one in competitive. He's coaching one team and assisting with another. I think he and his wife live at the rink now - I seem to always see one or the other there. "Commitment" describes this coach very well.

I am pretty excited about some of the scrap projects I have floating around in my head, especially a couple of gift albums I'm planning. Problem is I won't be able to talk about them much here until after Christmas (wouldn't want to spoil the surprise!!). Today I finalized some picture sorting and picked a line of pp for one of the albums. Actually managed to start pulling out elements for a page before I had to leave the house for ds' hockey game. Which they lost, unfortunately, but not without putting up a very good fight. It was an exciting game with lots of chances and lots of beautiful plays. And, oh yeah, one kid got a penalty.

My kid.

Lol! His first penalty in 5+ years of hockey, and I didn't have my camera with me. Apparently it was for "cross checking", which he swears he didn't do, but from up in the stands it looked liked roughing, so either way, I think he was due his 2 minutes in the box.

Oops. I think I'm talking hockey again - sorry! Better sign off before I start commenting on that Sens-Leafs game.

Ciao!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad you didn't get a photo of your bad boy in the penalty box! lol

Actually, I have to say I'm very impressed that this is his FIRST penalty in five years of playing. Wow! What a gentleman he must be on the ice! :)

Robyn~ said...

Oh no, not a penalty! You'll HAVE to recreate that in some way to scrapbook it.

Barbara said...

I miss the days of being a hockey mom. Last night Cameron asked me if it was too late to sign up for this season, LOL!