Saturday, November 24, 2007

Under Construction!

No, not this site. My actual house. The stair guys are finally here installing our hardwood stairs (anyone with any experience getting tradespeople will understand why I say "finally" - wow, that's where the money is, trades. More demand than supply - they write their own ticket!). Can't wait to see the final product, but in the meantime, there is dust all over my house (more dust than usual, lol), drop sheets and plastic sheeting all over everything, limited use of the stairs, and lotsa noise. Thought I would do some scrapbooking today, but as my scraproom is up the stairs that is unlikely to happen. Most of my local scrapping buddies are at a local crop and most of my online scrapping buddies are at an online crop ... it's going to be a lonely day on the computer! So dd and I are outta here - if I can't crop, I can at least shop!

Funny thing about home renovations, is once you start, you can't stop. One thing leads to another. Originally, all we were doing was changing the kitchen counter and converting the stairs to hardwood. But now we have to paint, get a tile backsplash, get new appliances, get new window coverings, get hardwood upstairs too, get pot-lights in the kitchen ... and the list goes on!!! Looks like every house dh sells for the next few months will go towards one more upgrade to our house. Guess after almost 18 years here, it was time. But still. Had I known these renovations would keep me from my scraproom, I would have thought twice about it all!!!!

Happy weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope that all goes well and that you will be enjoying your hardwood stairs in no time! :) I hear you about the renos and changes. It's the same over here too. We decided to change the living room furniture, but now, we need to buy more things to go with the new furniture, like table, lights, new paint job and we were supposed to use the old sofa in the family room downstairs that we are doing right now, but it was getting old so we got another new sofa and well need lighting for that room too and a new table and a new.... LOL

Robyn~ said...

Hey, I must have missed this post. You'll have to post lots of pictures afterwards! I'm sure that living in construction is NOT fun....looks like I may have to deal with that in the Spring! Good luck!