Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Deforestation Project

Hi folks! Lexi here. I've snuck onto Mommy's blog to tell you all about my newest project - backyard deforestation. I'm just so proud, I had to tell the world about it.

You see, Mommy and Daddy spent lots of time with me in the backyard last summer and fall and they taught me what I could chew on and not chew on. Ok, mostly what I could NOT chew on. But when the white stuff came and the temperature became just right for a gal who wears a fur coat 24/7, for some reason, they stopped hanging outside with me much. A puppy like me can get pretty bored hanging out by herself without people teaching her right from wrong. So I came up with a plan. See, Labs are working dogs, right? So I needed a job. And that's how my backyard deforestation project was born.

For some reason, Mommy and Daddy planted their cedars real close to each other. Something about liking their privacy. But that really gets in the way of curious dogs like me who like to watch the outside world go by. So, I decided to build a few doorways through the hedge, so I could get to the other side. At the same time (bonus!) I decorated the yard which was all boring and white. And as a side benefit, I created lots of interesting things for me to carry around and chew on.


These days, even though the weather is still pretty cold for humans, Mommy and Daddy have started coming outside and commenting on my project. For some reason, they don't seem very happy with the job I'm doing. I even overheard them saying something about building a fence (a fence!) in front of the cedars to teach me to stop. They keep yelling "No!" - mostly from the doorway - whenever I get to work. Humans. I just can't figure them out.

Mommy says that on top of my deforestation project, I've also got a de-fur-istation project going on inside the house. That's just silly of course. I don't lose my hair on purpose, for crying out loud. But crying out loud is what Mommy does every time she sweeps the floor. She says she doesn't know what she hates more, the dog hair or the dirt ... but that at least, there's no food crumbs on the floor anymore. And then she says that despite the backyard devastation (that's what she calls it - seems she can't pronounce de-forest-ation properly) and the dog hair, she still wouldn't trade me in for any other dog in the world.

And that makes my tail wag.

Have a good Wednesday, internets! Oh, and please don't tell my Mommy I commandeered her blog. I think she's got enough to deal with as it is.

Luv,

Lexi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.M.G.... had a good laugh at your twist on this but wow! she did quite a job on those poor cedars! I hope that you can salvage things somehow! As for all the fur, you're making me think that I need to get an appointment to have my long-haired cat shaved! LOL

Robyn de Weerd said...

Lexi, get off the computer and go clean up after yourself!! Move it! LOL