Friday, March 20, 2009

Random

I have neither pictures nor layouts to share with you today. But I won't let that stop me from updating my blog, since I'm sure y'all are tired of seeing the guy with loose pants appear every time you check in!!!! Some random thoughts on this beautiful Friday morning ...

1. I'm off today! Going to the spa for a pedi and a facial this morning, and will do something - not sure what - with the boy this afternoon, this being the last day of March break and all.

2. I was off Monday! The girl and I took a last minute, spontaneous trip to Kingston; we left Ottawa after church on Sunday (packed and on the road in less than an hour ... we're good). The bed & breakfast we like was booked, but we stayed in one of the harbourfront hotels, had thai for dinner, and shopped for a prom dress the next day. Not much shopping was required ... first store, 4th dress was a winner. An absolute, drop dead gorgeous, OMG my daughter is all grown up, totally unique look winner. Can't wait to show you pictures. She looks like a Greek goddess in this dress.

3. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I squeezed 5 days' worth of work into 3 days. I hate it when that happens ... taking days off is great, but not when you have to make up for it with back-to-back meetings and stressful days where everyone wants a piece of you.

4. I stopped at Marchant Rubber Stamps on my way out of Kingston and made a few small purchases ... some 8.5x11 Bazzill ... a few sheets of patterened paper including some Yellow Bicycle, some Junkitz (I think ... a really cute boy line) and one other which I already can't recall. And some Making Memories big letter stickers. I was really, really good. I spent about $20. Really.

5. Even if I had pictures to share with you, not sure if I could, as I think I've misplaced the cord that connects the camera to the computer. Hope the dog didn't eat it. Seriously.

6. I know none of you care, really, and I don't blame you, because not everyone can be a die hard hockey fan, but has anyone noticed my Sens are hot these days? They've won 7 of their last 8 ... they beat Montreal last night ... if only they could have played this way earlier in the season, I could be spending my hard earned cash on playoff tickets by now! Speaking of which, the husband was handed some free tickets to Tuesday's game against the Sabres so the boy and I had ourselves a lovely evening at the hockey game this week. I really do love hockey. Sigh.

7. I finally got registered at Scrapbook Centrale! It's great to have an online home again. I've been too busy this week to really be active over there, but I'm looking forward to chatting and getting to know everyone there.

8. I want to SCRAP! There's a half-finished layout on my desk but I haven't touched it in days. Maybe I'll be able to sneak some time in this weekend ... although, since I did no laundry and no housecleaning last weekend, I have some catching up to do in that area.

9. I have to go get ready to leave for the spa now! This may be a challenge (see comment re no clean laundry, above). Wish me luck ... :o)

Edit to add: 10. How could I forget to share this ... I am now at 17.5 pounds lost! That's 10% of my body weight! Woo-hoo! (as the witch in Wizard of Oz said ... I'm melting, I'm melting!!!!).

Hopefully I'll come back on the weekend and share a finished layout for you! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Robyn de Weerd said...

17.5 lbs....you GO girl! Miss ya...R