Sunday, March 22, 2009

Isn't it supposed to be spring??

Ah, woke up this morning to a dusting of snow over all of the dirty spring stuff. Looks like someone sprinkled a whole wad of icing sugar over us. As pretty as this looks (hey, I absolutely hate how dirty/gritty/garbage-y the city looks in springtime, it's actually my least favorite season), um, hello, it's spring, not winter!

Oh well, I know it will melt quickly and we'll be back to the grime and mud. Meanwhile though, the dog is happily sniffing her way throughout the icing-sprinkled backyard trying to rediscover all the treasures (a.k.a. small pieces of cedar hedge) that were so lovingly placed here and there on the grass only yesterday.

Lexi loves the snow. That's what I tried to capture in the following layout:


Supplies include Coredinations cardstock (now rivals Bazzill for my affections), patterned paper is Jenni Bowlin (lined) and Frances Meyer (striped), paper snowflakes are K&Co, foam snowflakes are old stash from $ store, felt snowflakes are Hero Arts, the foam letters are Thickers by American Crafts, the die-cut snowflakey-looking strip is Prima (Christmas gift from sister D), buttons and brads are unknown.

I haven't had much time to spend at the scrap desk so far this weekend, but I did steal 20 minutes here and there and managed to finish this one up, and finish another one too, which I will share with you later on!

Today is groceries and visit my mother-in-law (have to fetch my son who slept there last night!). I got ALL the laundry done yesterday, and as a result today will also have to be ironing day, I have at least 20 pieces of clothes that need ironing ... yikes. Thank goodness there's a Sens game on tonight, at least I can watch while I iron!

Happy Sunday everyone, thanks for coming by!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

It certainly was a shocker to see snow this morning and the temperature dipping below zero yet again. I am optimistically hoping this was the last weekend of winter...

Anonymous said...

I know, I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw the snow on the ground this morning either... Love your page with its snowflakes detail! Awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the LO... such GREAT photos and wonderful use of product. Good for you for making the time to scrap! :)

ChrisS said...

I love this LO you are inspiring me to scrap! what a cute doggie