Saturday, March 7, 2009

Finally, the Weekend!!!

Whew! What a busy week. On Monday night I went to see the movie Shopaholic with my sister M, my nephew's girlfriend, M's friend, and the girl. One of those movies that is (a) not true to the book and (b) a real chick flick, but it was fun! On Tuesday night I had Weight Watchers. I did take a break from going out on Wednesday night, but on Thursday night the boy and I went to the Senators-Oilers game. Last night the husband and I spent the evening at Costco and Walmart buying stuff for his aunt's memorial service luncheon planned for next week. I know, I know, the stuff romantic dates are made of ... :oP

So here's a picture of the boy and I in our cheap-o 3rd level seats (there's a great promotion on right now - minor hockey players and their parents can get really good 3rd level seats for $20 and $29 respectively, and that includes a hot dog and drink!! We should be going EVERY night!!):


And this is a picture of the boy showing his Sens pride. He wasn't too happy with the result (too much gold and not enough red and black, he said), and it was itchy all night and he ended up with hands covered in paint!).

So in other news ... I've been searching for a new internet home where I can share my scrapbook creations and chat with like-minded scrap addicts. Ever since my beloved Scrapping Buddies site closed down (it was a standalone site, not associated with any store, and was being maintained by the husband of one of our Ottawa scrapbookers; and for some reason became the target of hackers on a constant basis, and way too much work to keep up), this blog has been my only internet outlet for scrapbook talk. And it doesn't really talk back, lol. Anyhow, I saw on someone's blog ... Barb's? Nathalie's? that those two have been hanging out at Scrapbook Centrale. Thought I'd register and join in the fun ... just waiting for my confirmation! Watch out girls, here I come :o) And hopefully, my sister D is going to come and play too ... she's been looking for somewhere to post her beautiful scrapbook creations since SB closed down ... this time, I hope she posts AND chats!

Well, I'd better go get dressed and walk the dog ... I'm going to give the husband a break this morning ... not much of a sacrifice on my part when (a) it's really mild out and (b) I could use the activity points!

Happy weekend, everyone! Oh and by the way - Lexi says Hi. Little devil.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Youpi!!! I can't wait to chat over there with you Nat!!! Just like "old times"! :) I haven't seen the Shopaholic movie yet and I'm not sure that I want to see it. The fact that it's so far out from the actual book makes me wonder if I'll like it or not. Gotta love the romantic date with your dh at Costco & Walmart. We have some of those too! LOL Better that than being on your own to do that stuff I say. LOL Unless you have smaller kids and you want to have an hour to yourself. ;P