Saturday, May 31, 2008

Eleven


Supplies

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper and Tag: Basic Grey (Dawson)
Alpha stickers and *: Thickers by American Crafts
Buttons: Unknown
Journaling stamp: American Leaves
Eyelet: Unknown

I swear, those sticker letters are even and straight in real life. Scanners do wonky things to layouts sometimes!

So, another simple layout. This one uses some really OLD stash (Dawson - who still has Dawson in their stash? That was what, 5 years ago???). The letter stickers are new. No problem with the adhesive on these stickers. As a matter of fact, they'll stick to stuff even when you don't want them to stick to stuff!

I've started using floss on the buttons I put on layouts. I used to be too lazy to do that; and I used to just tie a knot in the button using floss, and then adhere it to the layout. A while ago, Stefanie showed a tip on her blog re how to use floss on buttons - it was so simple, yet I hadn't thought of it - just tack them down with a bit of adhesive, then sew them on through the cardstock! It was like a revelation. Duh. Thanks Stefanie!!

So, it's a rainy weekend, which dampens our plans for some landscaping improvements (pun intended). Instead of toiling away in the front yard, I think we'll go shopping for new curtains for the family room, and a new light for our foyer. Sigh - it never ends.

Waving "hi" to another Stefanie, who I had the pleasure of chatting with on the phone yesterday. We definitely have to do that again soon!

Happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Dianebscrp said...

Wow sister, you're on fire! Notre tournée des magasins t'a inspiré pas à peu près. I'm processing right now and you are so right; all that new stuff is making me dig in my old stash (à propos, j'ai des papiers Dawson??? et ça fait juste deux ans que je scrappe, je les avais eu dans un paquet de papiers en vente on-line à la scrapbookerie). I have noticed the little white dots on Teddy's eleventh birthday LO...cool.

Jennifer said...

I have that journalling stamp. Never thought about turning it sideways like that. I'm going to have to try that!

Another great LO...keep them coming while your mojo is flowing.

Anonymous said...

I love this page... those AC stickers are tricky, so if they're straight in real life, kudos to you! lol

As for the buttons, I just thread a bit of floss through, stick a glue dot on the back, trim the ends and that's it... ready to place on the page. As long as the floss is thin, it's not too bulky. And you know me... I like my pages kinda flat. lol

Barbara said...

Love that page. Good idea from Barb about the floss. I will have to remember that one.