Monday, May 12, 2008

I've Decided to Spoil the Surprise

Back when dh and I used to exchange Christmas gifts in a big way, I got to enjoy my own version of the 12 days of Christmas. Dh always put off his shopping til the last two weeks or so, and then just couldn't wait until Christmas to give me some of my presents. He'd be so excited, I'd just have to unwrap one a few days before Christmas ... and then maybe another one a day or two later ... and so on. Some might like that approach, but for me, it kinda spoiled the surprise, which is supposed to happen on Christmas morning.

Well, now I kinda know how dh felt. I have a surprise, and I can't wait for the recipient to unwrap it. Heck, unless I actually get my butt to the post office, the recipient may not get to unwrap it anytime soon! By end of week, Robyn, I promise. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek (ok, it's a full peek) at what I'm sending you. Hope you took lots of pictures in Paris (I told you to, so I sure hope you listened)!









Sorry about the crappy picture quality. Scanning wasn't going to happen (lumpy, odd size, and I'm lazy tonight). Good pictures would have required daylight, and I wanted to do this NOW (I'm an instant gratification gal). Feel free to admire the granite counter in the background (it's relatively new, so I'm still at the "showing it off" stage). Oh, and on a final picture quality note, the pages are actually all the same colour. Some of them just chose to photograph grayish, that's all. To shake things up a little, I guess. Even scrapbook pages have to have some fun!

In case you're wondering, those blue squares are adhesive squares for the photos ... just peel off the blue stuff, and add 4x6 pics. As is, the pics will have a 1/8 inch border. If you want, you can trim them down by about 1/8 inch before adhering, and then they'll have a 1/4 inch border. Make sure you get out your pen AND your thinking cap, 'cause there's lots of room for journaling. Years from now, you'll appreciate reading all about the details. I scrapped my honeymoon about 16 years after it happened, and all I remember is, we went to Cape Cod. Lol.

Ok, so start stalking the mailman. I'll try and hit the post office by end of week!

PS - for those of you keeping track of these things - my sister actually made it onto a plane and into the air and safely landed this evening. She's at my other sister's house tonight (we've got shared custody - I get her the next two nights). On the bummer side of things, I had planned to take 3 days off this week to hang out (aka scrapshop), but there's still poop to scrape off the fan at work (don't take that literally - I don't work in daycare, or in a hospital setting, or in an industrial building that requires fans), so I'm going in tomorrow. Hopefully the fan will be pristine by end of day!!

8 comments:

stefferqc said...

Wow... its gorgeous! Great Work!!!

Good luck with the scrapping or is that scraping... word play! I am trying to refer the fan and work :o)

Anonymous said...

Cool! It looks awesome Nat! What a great gift. I'm sure that Robyn will be so thrilled! I can't wait to see some pics in there and mostly some journaling. ;)

Robyn de Weerd said...

Oh my! I am at work and making a fool of myself because I'm moved to tears! Nat! Thank you so much!!! I can't wait to put photos in there! I got a little overwhelmed when I looked at all the photos the other night...so many to choose from! But I'm so glad to have a book like this to put them in! You are a WONDERFUL dear friend and I appreciate you so much! Can't wait to see it!

All my love and gratitude,
Robyn de Weerd

Anonymous said...

Wow wow wow! What a wonderful gift! It's just beautiful. :)

Marlene said...

what a gorgeous gift! You did an awesome job Nathalie.

Jennifer said...

It's beautiful...great work!

Neisey said...

WOW! What a thoughtful gift and so beautifully created with love.

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous album! It's such a thoughtful thing to do!