Saturday, May 24, 2008

Sixteen


Supplies:

Patterned Paper: Basic Grey (Sugared)
Chipboard: Maya Road I think (gift from sister D)
Paint: DecoArt Burnt Umber, Pebeo Pear Touch Brown, Ranger Plaid Rose Pink
Glitter: Stickles (Star Dust)
Flower: Prima Paintables
Button: Not sure
Gems: Dollar Store
Big Polka Dot Brad: Not sure
Ribbon: Not sure
Journaling Block: Not sure (gift from sister D)
Mini file: Not sure (gift from sister D)
Letters (teen): Heidi Swapp Ghost Letters
Alpha stickers: Basic Grey (Urban Couture)

I had lots of fun with this one. It's a bit out of my usual box - I used no cardstock! It was also my first experience with Stickles. Oooooh, I love Stickles. Got to get me some more of those.

This one was definitely inspired by a new stash of goodies. When my sister came to visit she brought me some stuff from her stash - plus the Basic Grey Sugared paper I bought during our shopping spree was just begging to be used. I just bought 3 sheets; she bought the entire line, can't wait to see what she does with it!

I actually had the patience to use paint and other things that need time to dry on this one. I am usually such an instant gratification scrapper, that I can't be bothered to use paint to alter stuff. But this time I planned ahead, made the embellishments one evening and used them the next day. Really out of the box for me!

Thanks for looking, and hope you have a great Saturday!! I'm taking ds to a solar car race this morning ... he and some of his classmates have been working on a car for this big event for months now ... here's hoping the sun comes out and the car beats out all the competition!!!

4 comments:

Robyn de Weerd said...

Solar car race? Tell me all about it...Reeve would LOVE to hear details!

Jennifer said...

I love the title...I'm going to use that.

Anonymous said...

You did a GREAT job with the paint and stickles. Good for you. What a fabulous LO... I love that paper. Wish I had a reason to buy pink... I already have way too much of it. lol

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous layout and gorgeous girl!
I'm with Barb, I really wish I could do more girly layouts.