Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where'd the week go???

Wha?? It's been one week since I blogged? Where'd the week go???

It's been a busy week. On Sunday we dug ourselves out of the 56 cm of snow that fell over the weekend. On Monday I had an extremely busy non-stop no-time-for-lunch workday. Ditto Tuesday, but add a few hours to it, as dh picked me up from work around 6:30 p.m. and we went to visit his aunt. I took Wednesday and Thursday off to do March-breakish stuff with the kids, but those two days, which consisted of lunch out, Spiderwick Chronicles movie, shopping, Museum of Civilization, aunt visit and dinner out just whizzed by. Friday was another non-stop no-time-for-lunch workday.

And here we are on Saturday. The weekend has not started off on the right foot. I've got towels laid out at the base of the patio doors, sopping up the drips coming from the door frame (which are really coming from inside the wall and somewhere on the roof, where the snow is piled high). Our front door got egged overnight, so I spent the last half hour cleaning egg off the door, brick and stoop. Fun stuff. Not. Parents should really pay attention to where their bored teenagers are at night. I'm sorry to sound like my parents, but what is it with this new generation of kids, bored enough to egg houses late at night? Guess their iPods, Wiis, PlayStation 3s, cell phones and laptops aren't keeping them busy enough?

I have a major case of the cranks - I need a vacation. Seems like everyone I know has just spent the past week someplace warm. The last out-of-town vacation we took was in November 2006 ... a 48-hour jaunt to New Hampshire for American Thanksgiving. Vacation? Not.

Or perhaps I need a day/weekend/week/month at the spa. Music with water sounds and deep relaxing breaths. Oh wait, there are water sounds going on at my patio door ... why aren't those relaxing me, lol??

I'll be back later this weekend to post a couple of layouts I got done last weekend. Til then ... have a great one! Here's wishing you do not have to wash raw egg off brick anytime soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry life has been so hectic/stressful. Hey, we should get together to scrap sometime... that would be a stress relief! If you're willing to drive, you could pop out to the LSS near my place. Because I would LOVE to look at your pages in real life sometime soon. :)