Sunday, March 23, 2008

Cool stuff!!!

I think I'm going to have to stop saying that I never win anything. A few months ago, I won some cool blog candy (a.k.a. really nice scrapbooking supplies being given away by someone on their blog) from Nic Howard. A few months before that, I actually won the door prize at a crop - a huge amount of scrapbooking goodies. And now, I've just found out that I won blog candy from Stephanie. How cool is that?? Here is what I've won:


Stephanie was recently featured as a guest designer on the Making Memories blog. This is pretty exciting stuff in my little scrapbooking world, as Stephanie is part of a group of scrappers, including me, who hang out over at Scrapping Buddies. She is so talented, it's about time the scrapbooking world at large gets a glimpse of her work!

Other cool stuff in my life ... well, we had a really good time with our friends at the hunt camp yesterday. That place is an instant stress-buster. As a matter of fact I was so relaxed, that I didn't even remember the Sens were playing the Leafs last night, until we encountered lots of traffic around 10 pm on our way back into town. Of course when I turned on the radio and learned that the Sens lost 5-4 (to the Leafs), some of that stress came creeping back!

Some more cool stuff ... I've been tagged by my friend Rachel. It's a very complicated tag ... you have to post a fact that starts with each letter of your middle name. Then you tag a person for each letter. If you don't have a middle name, use your maiden name. Now being of French Catholic origin I don't have a middle name ... but I have plenty of names before my name. So I guess you could say my "middle name" (for purposes of this tag) is Marie Josee Isabelle. Except that I am not going to bore you with 17 facts about me, which is how many letters there are in those three names combined. Instead, I'll use the initials ... M, J and I.

M: Music. I'm just not that into it. This isn't an easy thing to admit, as everyone I know has very strong feelings about music - which music they like, which music they don't like... everyone is always talking about what they've loaded onto their iPod or talking about this newest band or solo singer. I enjoy listening to music, if it's there, but I don't usually go out of my way to put a CD on. I've had an mp3 player for months and the only music loaded on there is whatever was in the kids' music folders on the computer. Haven't loaded anything on there since. I can't name any of the latest bands or singers, although I'm pretty good with the older stuff.

J: Jewelry. Anothing thing that I'm just not that into. I have 3 key pieces of jewelry that I have on pretty much all the time; that's my engagement/wedding ring combo, a ring dh gave me for our 7th anniversary, and my silver/gold/diamond/mother-of-pearl Seiko watch. I really don't feel the need for any other expensive jewelry, although I do have a few more pieces. I do like to wear costume jewelry, mostly on work days, to accessorize my outfits.

I: Ice Cream. Since I seem to have a theme going ("things I don't actually like that much", lol!), might as well stick with it! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down a bowl of ice cream. But I never crave it. I never buy it unless we're entertaining. If I do eat ice cream, it's usually vanilla marbled with caramel. Or, the rum raisin from Laura Secord. I used to like rollo ice cream, but had to give that up when I had to give up chocolate.

Well there you go. 3 random facts about me. These 3 facts likely didn't rock your world, but maybe you know me a bit better now! At least, you know not to show up on my doorstep singing, bearing diamonds and ice cream! Lol. Now to pass this tag along ... how about Marlene, Jennifer and, since I can't think of anyone whose name starts with the letter "i", how about Robyn, who is going to be saying "i" do in 34 short days!

2 comments:

Stay Funny said...

Thanks Nathalie for the great compliments and happy you won! Will send you your goodies during the week!
Hugs and take care!
Stéphanie

Anonymous said...

Interesting facts about you... very interesting indeed.

And hey, congrats on winning the blog candy from MM. Looks like some GREAT stuff there, and since you have a dd, you'll put it to good use. :)