Friday, March 21, 2008

Ahhh, a long weekend!

Thank God for long weekends. The kids and I are off today and Monday (the real estate hubby is NEVER off. Not even in his sleep. But that's another story!). I am looking forward to the break! As this is not our Easter (orthodox Easter is next month), we don't have any Easter family obligations this weekend. (However, the Easter bunny will visit our house. We determined years ago that he must be Catholic, since he always brings the chocolate during the mainstream Easter weekend!).

We have a bit of hockey in the schedule, including going to see my godson play tomorrow morning. And we're planning a visit to the hunt camp with friends. I'm really looking forward to the next few days! I'm hoping to get some time to scrap as I haven't even gone into my scrap room for about a week.

Here's what I made last time I went in there:


This layout is all about how I didn't inherit my mother's baking abilities, but apparently my daughter did. She's always had an interest in baking and has made lots of goodies over the last few years. However she was quick to point out to me that she didn't actually bake the cookies in these pictures ... her friend did, all she did was decorate them. So I explained about artistic license and how the pictures symbolize a bigger concept. Lol. Fancy way of saying "ok then, I lied"!

Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Patterned Paper: Rouge de Garance
Foam letters: $ store
Rub-on letters: American Crafts
Snowflake stickers: Sandylion
Tag: Received in a swap, embellished with misc. brads, buttons and stickers

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend. If you're celebrating Easter, hope you have a happy one. Enjoy time with family. As you may recall, I can no longer eat chocolate. So if the Easter bunny comes to your house, do me a favor ... have an extra bite / egg / rabbit ear for me!

3 comments:

famille1999 said...

Enjoy your long weekend Nath! :) I hope that you have time to relax and scrap. As for the Easter bunny, he's supposed to come by the house too this weekend, but he'll need to find a way inside to leave his loot 'cause there's no way that the kids are going to find anything outside in the snowbanks! LOL

Anonymous said...

How sad... unable to eat chocolate. :(
Enjoy your long weekend. Happy not-quite-your-Easter!

Rachel said...

Love that page Nat... hugs girlie! Oh and BTW - you have been tagged!

Rach
XOOX