Tuesday, March 25, 2008

On my mind

Things on my mind tonight ...

Today would have been my mother's 81st birthday. I can't believe that 3 birthdays have actually gone by since she passed away. It seems like yesterday; it also seems like forever ago. I miss her.

I worry about my husband's aunt. The hospice says she's very anxious and difficult, at night. I thought she was doing ok (anxiety-wise). It's so hard to see someone you love slowly die. Honestly, people who lose loved ones suddenly should count their blessings. (I know, I know, that's just as hard; just in a different way).

Seemed like today was "opposites" day. Ds brought an absolutely stellar report card home - his best one yet. Excellent improvement over last term, lots of A's, B+s and Bs. He's very proud of his accomplishment and seems very determined to keep up the good marks. We're very proud of him! Meanwhile, I'm trying to find a math tutor for dd!!! Actually, dd is doing fine in math - mark is around 85 right now - but my favorite over-achiever won't have any of that, anything below 90 feels like failure to her. She needs to conquer the math demons, whether real or perceived, so we'll help her do that. We're very proud of her drive, even though we worry that she'll drive herself crazy!

The Sens won tonight against Buffalo. It was rough going for a while, but they really pulled together and pulled it off in the last half of the last period. Excellent improvement over last night (I had to change the channel when they were losing to Montreal 7-1 ... sure, they came back and scored 4 more, but ouch, I couldn't bear to watch). But I'm no fairweather fan. I believe. I believe. I believe. But I can only take so much stress!

Meanwhile, ds' team has won their first playoff (round robin) game 7-1. Much easier to take a 7-1 score when it's your team with the "7"!!! I'll be sorry to see this hockey season end. It was everything I hoped for for ds, and more. He's got his confidence back, and hockey is fun for him again.

Here's a layout I finished during the long weekend ... our fun day at the hunt camp inspired me to dig out some campfire pictures from a couple of years ago and scrap:


Supplies:

Cardstock - Bazzill (what else, lol?)
Patterned Paper - Daisy D
Chipboard Letters and Flower - Chatterbox
Scrabble Letters - unknown
Leaf embellishment - Finery by Pebbles Inc
Buttons - Daisy D, unknown
Brad - MM?
Journaling Block - 7 Gypsies

It's past my bedtime ... but blogging beats falling asleep on the couch waiting for dh to come home! G'night all!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a cool LO, love all those blocks of pattern paper.

Anonymous said...

A great LO... love the warm colours. :)
Your overachiever dd reminds me of someone. Ummmm, me as a high school student! lol

Barbara said...

I love that layout. The blocking is so cool.

Congrats to ds on his great report card. It sounds like he worked really hard.

Yor DD sounds quite driven. It will likely take her far in life.