Friday, April 4, 2008

I've been MIA

I've been missing in action on the internet this week - no time to read my fave blogs, surf the scrapbooking sites, post on my own blog. Dh's aunt (the one with pancreatic cancer) passed away Sunday morning. The wake was Wednesday, the funeral, Thursday. Even though this was expected, dealing with the loss, doing all that needs to be done and being strong through it all takes its toll. I woke up this morning feeling like I hadn't slept at all, and decided to take a day to myself instead of going back to work. So now I'm recharging, and catching up. And trying not to think of all the catching up I'll have to do at work next week!

One of my fave to-dos when I recharge is scrapbook. I just haven't had the energy yet to convert the scraproom back from a guest room - my mother in law stayed over with us (we didn't want to leave her alone) and the sofabed is still all set up, blocking my access to my scrap desk. Therefore, I don't have any new creations to share with you today. But I will surely be packing that bed away before long and pulling out all of my stuff so I can cut and paste my way back to serenity.

I'd love to have a quiet weekend ahead of me but there are a few things on the schedule. Dd's new math tutor ('cause an 85% just isn't good enough, remember?) is coming tomorrow morning. Ds has a hockey game on Sunday. We also have a memorial mass for dh's aunt on Sunday (Greek tradition: memorial mass approx 9 days, 40 days, 6 months, 1 year and 3 years after death). Laundry, groceries. Inviting the dust bunnies to leave my house. Ironing. Catching up, after a weekend and a week of getting nothing done around here. And of course, watching the last Sens game of the regular season tonight, against Boston. My Sens need one more point to clinch a playoff spot for sure. I can't believe it's come down to this!

So I wish you all a great weekend ... I'll recharge and come back to share a creation with you, if something gets created.

Ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my condolences to you and your family once again Nath. :( I'm really sorry for you. It's been a rough path for the past few years now, but I guess it has to be expected when we have aging relatives too.:( Nevertheless, big hugs going your way.

Good luck recharging your batteries! Don't think of Monday, it will come soon enough on its own. ;)

Take care!

Barbara said...

sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure it's been a tough time for you all.

Hopefully it won't take you long to get your energy back so you can do the things you enjoy most.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your dh's aunt. It's always difficult, even when it's expected. Sending a hug your way, and hoping you have some time to scrap and get feeling "normal" again.

stefferqc said...

My condolences Nathalie... its never easy losing a loved one.

take all the time you need, work will still be work and it will still be there whether you come back one day or two days later.

big hug,

Stef

Robyn~ said...

I'm going to post this on three different blogs!

I miss you!

I miss you AND your blog. Crazy days around here, as you can imagine.

Wish you could be at my wedding! I would so love that.

Love Robyn~