Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eye-Fi With my Little Eye ...







I'm still alive. Just been too busy to scrap (still) or blog (blah). Hope that changes soon!

I recently came across an ad for a wireless camera card in one of my scrap magazines (yes, I've started buying scrap mags again - but that's a topic for another blog post!). I thought it was an April's Fools or something. Because they said that this camera card automatically uploads your pictures to your computer whenever you walk by your computer with your camera ... without connecting your camera to your computer ... and furthermore, automatically uploads them to a photo sharing site too (photobucket, facebook, etc.) if you set it up that way.

So I thought I'd do a bit of research, and lo and behold, it's true. Meet the Eye-Fi. I have no idea how much this little wonder costs, and it doesn't appear to be sold in any stores I've ever heard of (although it is sold at many stores online, such as Costco and Wal-Mart).

Given that one of the things I hate to do the most, is plug in a usb cable into my camera and my computer and download pictures, this seems like a miracle solution. Guess I'll be keeping my eyes open for this to hit the stores in my area. I just hope there's some sort of security in place so that my pics don't download to every computer I walk by!

Happy Wednesday, everyone...!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi ya! Glad to see that you are surviving! :D What a neat gadget... I have a card reader that is always plugged into my computer and ready to go but this is fun. Like you though, I sure hope that my pictures don't download everywhere like that... who would want to see those horrible shots of myself! LOL

If you hear more about this let your friend know. ;)

Jennifer said...

Sounds kinda neat. What will they think of next.

I wish it was a clone of me so IT could go to work and I could stay home and sleep ;)

Anonymous said...

You should have some luck finding an Eye-Fi Card at a local Ritz Camera Center. Just go to their site at http://www.ritzcamera.com/ and click on the "Store Locator" button.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

Hey you... "buying scrap mags again" girl. I'm glad you still have the scrapping bug, even if you're not exactly inspired to scrap these days.

I hope you find that nifty little gadget soon. Especially if it means you'll actually end up taking more pictures!

Barbara said...

I saw that ad too and was very intregued.

Make sure you post about how good it works if you get it.