Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time flies...

...when you're having fun!

I can't believe how quickly the last few days have gone by. I can't believe I have to go back to work tomorrow :o( Well at least I have one little glimmer of excitement relating to going back to work; I "shopped" in my sister M's closet yesterday so I have some new stuff to wear! Still, not enough incentive to make me actually look forward to going back! Sorry for stating the obvious, but a life of leisure beats work hands down.

On Monday the husband, the dog and I went snowshoeing. Wow, I can't believe how great modern snowshoes are! I grew up snowshoeing on this type of snowshoe:

And I seem to recall that walking on these, let alone actually strapping them on, was frustrating and painful. And since they're made out of rawhide, I suppose the dog would end up eating them anyway! But our new showshoes rock:

And dressing for the weather rocks too:

The husband and I have a little off-trail spot in the back woods where we like to stop for a campfire and a snack. It's always fun to try and find it again, and to dig out our log-seats and fire pit.

Even though the new snowshoes rock, it turns out they still require the use of muscles. As does taking down Christmas decorations, which is what I did on Monday afternoon. As a result, I spent Monday evening nodding off on the couch ... all in all, a typical evening for me!

Yesterday, along with shopping in sister M's closet, we went out for lunch and a movie. We saw It's Complicated, with Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin ... it was a cute movie, I had a few belly laughs. It's not an academy award winner but it's a great pick-me-up kind of movie. Last night the boy and I watched the World Juniors gold medal game on tv ... a heartbreaking loss for Canada, but what an exciting game!

Not sure what today will bring. I want to spend some time scrapping, but first I might take a run out to Michaels to buy more refill pages, posts and albums. I'm already feeling the last-day-of-vacay blues and it would be a real bummer to ruin my last day off by feeling blue so I have to find a way to shake that off and fast!

I'll leave you with the last layout in my scan stash ... if I want to share anything with you in the near future, I'll have to get scrapping!


3 comments:

famille1999 said...

I remember those rawhide snowshoes too. Technology sure has come a long way. I'm glad that you had fun on your last days of holiday. Everyone is back to the grind here this morning. I can't wait to see in what state the girls will be when we pick them up from school and more so, how much homework will I have to supervise tonight. :/

Jennifer said...

Love the mix of pattern paper you used. The LO looks great.
Hope you had a great day going back to work :)

ChrisS said...

I actually don't remember the rawhide ones, I grew up on a farm, other than farm chores, no one did outdoors stuff! I love the news ones though, but yes, whew, they are a good workout! So cool that you have property to hike around on!