Saturday, January 16, 2010

Rough Week?

First full week of work in a while ... and boy, it was a busy one. Which is good, because it went by fast. In the back of my mind I've got a weekly countdown thing going on ... how many weeks til we can start using the trailer ... (17 - ouch). So every week that comes to a close is a good thing! And if work can make it go faster, even better! (How do you like my lame attempt at thinking of work in positive way?).

I won't go as far to say that my week drove me to drink, but I will tell you that the cranberry martini was a very welcome sight when I got home last night. I'm not a hard liquor drinker, and I had just one, but I will admit to enjoying it immensely!
I haven't done any scrapbooking in days - I haven't even gone into the scraproom to say hi to my stuff!!! When catching up with the Ella site this morning, I ran across a six-week sketch challenge on their blog. There will be one sketch posted each week and if you comment on the post and link to your layout, you are entered for a grand prize giveaway! No idea what the grand prize is, no matter though, for me the prize will simply be to scrap!! So ... wish me luck. I'm not usually too good at keeping up with these kinds of scrap challenges.
I think we will start our weekend with a nice long walk through the woods (it's so mild out, for a change!) and then it'll be the usual routine ... laundry, hockey practice, groceries, visit my mother in law, hockey game ... I'm sure the weekend will go by VERY QUICKLY. But not before I find an hour to scrap!

Have a great weekend, everyone. Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

That cranberry martini looks yummy! I'm like you. I don't drink much but sometimes it's nice to sip a good drink after a long day at work. :)

I saw the challenge on the Ella site too. I'll probably try to participate too if I can. Good luck on the weekly drawings!

Have a great weekend Nath! :)

Barb said...

I'm glad you'll play along with the Ella challenge. I have some photos chosen, so hopefully I'll be able to work on a layout soon.

P.S. That drink looks delicious. And yes, I feel like I need a drink most nights now too. *sigh*

ChrisS said...

What was it about last week? everyone I spoke to had a flat out crazy week (me too).