Saturday, August 22, 2009

A twisted sense of humour

So here's what the husband is drinking his coffee out of these days:

A brief background recap for those of you who haven't been reading my blog from the start:

a) the husband is not a hockey fan

b) the husband hates the Senators

c) if the husband HAD to like a hockey team, it would be the Bruins

d) the husband knows I intensely disklike the Maple Leafs

A couple of weeks ago, I accidentally broke my most favorite coffee cup ever, my Eastern Conference Champions Senators coffee cup ... a few days later, instead of finding a brand new Sens cup waiting for me (which would have been a lovely and thoughtful surprise, eh?), I see the husband drinking out of that ugly thang.

Nevertheless, the husband is good for SOMETHING ... I might not approve of his taste in coffee cups, or his coffee cup shopping habits, but I do mightily approve of his taste in boats, and his tendency to buy one every once in a while. Here's what the husband and the boy went to pick up today:


A really sweet deal since it's technically the end of the season. Though I suspect we may get more summer in September than we ever did in July. I'm looking forward to tooting around on this thing! We took it out on a maiden voyage this afternoon, on the Rideau River near Manotick. I think this is the best boat we've had to date. It's wide, deep, and has tons of storage. It felt good to be out on the water again. I did enjoy kayaking earlier this summer ... but I'm a pretty big fan of the speedboat experience, too!

Now, our current debate is whether to get a life jacket for the dog. Surprisingly, our little lab - despite her big webbed paws - has resisted swimming all summer. She seems to be - gulp - afraid. We can't get her past where she can touch, and even then, it's an effort to get her to come into the water at all. And today, the husband had to scoop her up and carry her into the boat - although once she was in, she seemed to like it. Hopefully her instincts will kick in soon (and then the challenge will be getting her out of the water!).

We're hoping to take a day trip out to the Big Rideau with the boat tomorrow, but the latest weather forecast doesn't sound good at all. On the bright side, if we don't make it out, maybe I'll get to stay home and scrap (and vacuum and clean the floors, and iron, and dust.... ugh).

Hope y'all are having a terrific weekend! Thanks for coming by!

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Beautiful boat!! Congratulations! :) I really hope that you get some nice weekends so you can enjoy it for a while. Have fun!

Oh, and I'd go with the doggie lifejacket... because I think it looks cute! LOL

Samantha said...

Nice boat! I'm sure there are still a few good weeks of summer left so enjoy! LOL to the coffee cup, I'm not a hockey fan either so I kinda get the humor. My Husband is a huge Sens fan, and t.v. watching pretty much sucks for me from Sept- may/june. lol.

Jennifer said...

Nice boat, hopefully you'll get to enjoy it a few more times this year before you store it. Makes me miss the boat we had years ago and all the fun kneeboarding we had with it.