Saturday, May 2, 2009

Chaos

This is what my scraproom looks like right now. Last week I emptied out the desk and we put it in the boy's room ... hopefully we'll go buy my new desk (two drawer units and a table top) at Ikea this weekend. On the scrapping front, I have til Thursday to make a baby gift album for one of my staff who's going on mat leave ... I have all the supplies, and have done this twice now so have a good page formula which goes quickly ... but there's no way I'll be able to create in this room this weekend, so I'm going to have a couple of late nights next week! No complaints ... I love creating!

I found a really cool scrapbooking storage unit at Costco this week ... it's a 15-drawer paper cart (the drawers are big enough to fit 12x12 paper) but I'm using it to store my scraps. I have soooooo many paper scraps it's not funny. A few months ago I went through them all and threw out the ones that were (probably) too small to use. And I still have tons. I'm really pumped about this paper cart though, and I'm tempted to buy a second one to store the full sheets of paper .... The price wasn't too bad (well, a bit pricey at $57), but if I buy a 2nd one, what will I do with my cropper hopper storage thingies?


On the weight front, things are still on track. Twenty-six pounds lost so far - 3 to go. I cleaned out my closet last week ... there are barely any pants left that fit! I've gone from a size 14 to size 8 since January. I feel really good about what I've accomplished, but the real challenge is going to be keeping it off. I'm committed to continuing with the Weight Watchers meetings, maybe even beyond the six weeks of maintenance. I really need to stay on top of things, and never go back to man-sized portions and indulgent attitude towards food.

Well that's it for now. The dog is pawing at the back door, the husband needs to be woken up, the dishes in the sink need doing... ah, the weekend! :o) Have a good one, everybody!

5 comments:

Barb said...

Oh wow, congratulations on the weight loss, Nathalie! That's awesome. :D

And good luck with the scrapbook organization! Happy NSD! :)

Nathalie (famille1999) said...

You are doing great Nath! Congrats on the weight loss! Don't forget to show us the final look of your scraproom when all is complete. :)

Dianebscrp said...

26 livres? EST-CE QUE J'AI BIEN LU? Bravo petite soeur! Et ton "scraproom" va être "awesome". Excuse le CHIAC, Emile est à la maison depuis une semaine et il arrive directement du "New Brunswick". Il faut qu'on se parle, j'ai mille choses à te raconter.

Bisous xxx

Samantha said...

I just wanted to say hi. I've been reading for a while:) I can't believe Costco has these paper racks. Maybe I need to go tommorrow ;)

Samantha said...

I didn't but I'm really considering it. I think that it is a great deal, and I really need something like this for my paper. Did they have many left?